cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Vanguard has a digital advisor - no cost - for non-retirees

https://investor.vanguard.com/homeVanguard Digital advisorVanguard Digital advisor

They are still working to extend the same for retirees. I tried it the non-retiree version. Since they have my information, I did not need to enter a lot of details. It could not pinpoint my characteristic but came up with a suggestion of 52% stocks and 48% Bonds. Here is my current portfolio.

Gladstone Capital CorpGLAD0.67%
KKR Income Opportunities FundKIO9.64%
PIMCO Dynamic Credit and Mortgage Income FundPCI26.59%
Solar Capital LtdSLRC1.21%
VanEck Vectors BDC Income ETFBIZD1.77%
Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETFVIG5.98%
Vanguard Energy Index Fund ETF SharesVDE4.34%
Vanguard Total Stock Market ETFVTI49.81%
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Re: Vanguard has a digital advisor - no cost - for non-retirees

Where are you seeing no cost? my understanding was that digital advisor cost 20 bps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

https://investornews.vanguard/vanguard-digital-advisor-personalized-online-financial-advice-at-your-...

• Low cost. Pay only about $1.50 a year for every $1,000 you invest.* That’s a target net advisory fee of 0.15%.
  • Low minimum. Enroll with just $3,000 in each Vanguard Brokerage Account you want Digital Advisor to manage.** (The service currently accepts traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and individual nonretirement accounts.)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@TJ wrote:

Where are you seeing no cost? my understanding was that digital advisor cost 20 bps.

You can see the screen shot. That is what it says. I saw it even two days ago when I logged into my wife's account to make a change in her account. The same screen shot came up. It is a Robo advice. I tried it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

There is a fee.  Read on.

**Vanguard Digital Advisor is an all-digital service that targets an annual net advisory fee of 0.15% across your enrolled accounts, although your actual fee will vary depending on the specific holdings in each enrolled account. To reach this target, Vanguard Digital Advisor starts with a 0.20% annual gross advisory fee to manage Vanguard Brokerage Accounts. However, we’ll credit you for the revenues that The Vanguard Group, Inc. ("VGI"), or its affiliates receive from the securities in your Digital Advisor managed portfolio (i.e., at least that portion of the expense ratios of the Vanguard funds held in your portfolio that VGI or its affiliates receive). Your net advisory fee can also vary by enrolled account type. The combined annual cost of Vanguard Digital Advisor's annual net advisory fee plus the expense ratios charged by the Vanguard funds in your managed portfolio will be 0.20% for Vanguard Brokerage Accounts. For more information, please review the Vanguard Digital Advisor Brochure (PDF document that opens a new tab).

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes, new Digital robo-advisor at low-cost of 0.15-0.20%. Doesn't say no-cost anywhere. It starts with 0.20% total fee but rebates the fees of underlying funds to net about 0.15% fee. It is all-digital, like other robo-advisors.

Older VG PAS costs 0.30% plus fees of underlying funds [so, about 0.35% total]. It is also the VG version of robo-advisor but the results of computer output are communicated by someone in the VG call center.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thansk Bob & Yogi, for the clarification. The screen shot was not clear about. I just tried it and never finished the process because I did not need it anyway.

0 Kudos
Announcements