cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Carman
Follower ○○○

Vanguard Website not working properly.

As of late November, when I login to the vanguard.com investor site my accounts summary page comes up very slowly and appears as raw text with blue underlined links (e.g. lacking the usual web stylesheet formatting.)  Also many links are very slow to come up if they work at all. Firefox status bar shows the page trying to access location "static-c1a.vgcontent.info" so I'd guess that's the stylesheet that should be formatting the page. When I click on one of the subordinate accounts, they also are slow to load and seem to hang on trying to access "static.vgcontent.info..."

I've cleared cache and all of the ...vanguard... cookies I can identify and have had no success with resolving the problem. I also tried the Chrome browser and got the same result - raw text and slow links.  I'll give it some time and then call their 800 number to see if they are even aware of the problem. I already have my month-end stats but we're coming up on year-end and I'll need up to date info to start my tax planning.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Carman
Follower ○○○

Re: Vanguard Website not working properly (UPDATE)

As of 8:30 this evening, the website is working correctly now. All pages I've checked seem to be displaying promptly and in the correct web styles in Firefox.

0 Kudos
ECEPROF
Participant ○

Re: Vanguard Website not working properly (UPDATE)

It is very interesting that no one responded to your post about Vanguard for seven hours and you had to come back to say that it was working speaks volume about Vanguard.

However, I have to tell you that I moved money into and out of Vanguard account today. Besides, I also sold one security and bought two other securities today using Vanguard online transactions with no human intervention using Firefox. I did these while going around town to do various other regular activities sometimes checking in my phone while I was in Toyota Service. This perhaps should tell you something more about your internet connection or your computer. Sometimes, rebooting your computer may help.

0 Kudos
BOBBECK
Follower ○○

Re: Vanguard Website not working properly.

I was also unable to bring up my Vanguard account for two days, Sunday and Monday, it has worked fine today.

Per Vanguard it was their problem, and it affected only a small percent of Vanguard customers, the reason Carmen that nobody responded to your comment 7 hours later.

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in