cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

VDADX or VFIAX?

To pull this out of a buried thread, what are you thoughts about the pros/cons of VDADX vs. VFIAX?

VDADX has less risk/volativity than VFIAX and did slightly better in the recent downturn, but over time VFIAX holds its own and then some.

VFIAX has a bigger spread than the Dividend Aristocrats and has a very good income distribution (yes, based on Capital Gains) compared to VDADX's comparatively palty monthly payouts.

VDADX bills itself as dividend growth but that growth is less than VIGAX or even VFIAX over time. M* has recently downgraded VDADX from Gold to Silver, though it is still one of their "favored funds."

Interested in pairing either fund with VWIAX and VIGAX. Not interested in other funds or VDIGX, which I suspect has its glory days behind it.

Thoughts??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: VDADX or VFIAX?

I think it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.  Will VFIAX or VDADX have performed better in 10 years time? I don't know. Will their returns be significantly different - unlikely.  I'd go with VFIAX as being more diversified, and VFIAX will assuredly include the big winners.

0 Kudos
Announcements