cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Quick Question about opening several accounts

hi, I want to have 2 accounts on Vanguard, but I have read that is not that effective.

So is there a way that having only 1 account, I can separate investments for example, I buy 4 stocks a,b,c,d. A and b are for one objective and c and d are for a different objective, but while I have them under the same account, I can filter them to see how are they doing.

Or if there other way let me know

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Quick Question about opening several accounts

You could track them all--separately or together in any combination--in an Excel (or similar application) workbook.

A and B on this tab, C and D on this other tab, all 4 on another tab. For instance. You would have total control.

However---there may be advantages to you to keep them separate at the Vanguard level, by subdividing into a taxable account, a 401K, an IRA, etc. In that case, you could also track them in Excel...this tab for taxable, that tab for IRA, that other tab for the 401K, and this last tab for all 4 combined.

We don't have enough details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Re: Quick Question about opening several accounts

You can see each holding separately on Vanguard's site.  Then as Ignatz suggests you'll need to use some other software to look at things in different combinations.  I use excel and carry four tabs for different information.  You could set up different portfolios on the M* site and build each to see how its doing in different combinations. 

Hope that is what you were asking.

0 Kudos
Announcements