cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Mutual Funds to ETF Convertor ?

Is there any general WebSite where I can lookup Vanguard's Mutual Funds OEF to Its Equivalent Vanguard ETF?
Any available Passive or Active OpenEnded Mutual Fund OEF.

As Fidelity or TDA/Schwab, I cannot easily buy/sell Vanguard Funds without paying $50 to Buy & $50 to Sell
or up to $100 fees each time...on Many Funds that may not be in NoTransactionFee NTF network!

As retirees for our Current Income goal,
Maybe pursue Vanguard's Income ETF instead of M.Fund.
I'd appreciate any help/directions.

Thanks,
Majick

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mutual Funds to ETF Convertor ?

ETFdb.com has a mutual fund to ETF Convertor. It is based on benchmarks, i.e. for any active/passive mutual fund with identifiable benchmark, it finds an ETF with the same benchmark. This has flaws as some mutual funds have benchmarks that are poor or too broad. But it should work for Vanguard index funds.   https://etfdb.com/tool/mutual-fund-to-etf/

Also at Vanguard, index mutual fund pages have ETF tabs. 

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

On Vanguard's MF pages, when you lookup a MF they tell you whether it is available as an ETF.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Thanks, SJ60 & YBB,
That will help me start. I had a/c with Vanguard & closed it out to consolidate in Retirement.
It seems many interesting OEF & NTF funds that are discussed here at M*...are not easily accessible at TDA (Soon to Be Schwab) or Fidelity. They are like Institutional class or Closed to new Investors or have to Search/explore  ETF if available!
Majick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

On TD Ameritrade site

Go to Research & Ideas

Go to ETFs: Compare Funds

Enter VWIAX into box

Click on Compare to similiar ETFs

Answer:  AOM, AOK, PSMM, PSMC.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

VWIAX to Closed End Fund Converter:  AllianzGI Diversified Income & Convertible Fund NYSE: ACV

Anyone have any experience with ACV?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ArtieNJ wrote:

VWIAX to Closed End Fund Converter:  AllianzGI Diversified Income & Convertible Fund NYSE: ACV

The original question was  "Is there any general WebSite where I can lookup Vanguard's Mutual Funds OEF to Its Equivalent Vanguard ETF?

VWIAX is not equal or close to ACV.  See a 3 years (chart) of both.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ArtieNJ wrote:

Convertibles at par may act like 60-40 hybrid. Then, there are convertible funds that focus on growthy convertibles, or broken convertibles. ACV M* classification into 30-50% equity is misleading. Don't compare it with plain vanilla 38-62 VWINX/VWIAX.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Thanks yogibearbull.

The TD Ameritrade tool caught me by surprise when it showed a mutual fund to closed end fund comparison drop box.

First time I had seen a closed end fund with 30% leverage compared to VWIAX.

0 Kudos
Announcements