cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

We have not heard from dede after this new website started. Did I miss his post? 

1 Accepted Solution or Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I used to be dede or dedebear.  My new M* name is Learner.

I have been in international travel since mid-April.  I plan to return to the U.S. on June 4.

Thank you for checking.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Search for user dede returned no results in new forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I trust he's ok. There could be any number of possibilities, including travel.  Ray hasn't posted either.

Still, it's obvious that there's been a noticeable falling off of posts--here and elsewhere--since Morningstar made changes.

I can deal with change--to live is to adapt (or as my internist says--cope :smileylol:)--but I do ask myself: who were these changes made for?

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@GLI2019 . I think that Ray is Raymond but only 1 post so far.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I recall a line in a book by Jonathan Schell on Vietnam, "We had to destroy this village in order to save it." I think this new format is misbegotten. It has raised the cost of participation too much. It has tried to put a particular order or form to the discussions. It assumed we're posting here to win badges. And it took us for granted.

That paragraph refers to the posters who participated in the old forum. Now imagine newcomers. What's going to draw them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Juris,

Remember "stinkin' badges" from Treasure of Sierra Madre?  :robotlol:

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I just hope nobody entertains the idea of solving the 'stinkin badges' situation by firing a rifle :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Badges? We are the federales. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yep. That's the one. Memorable scene from a great movie.

Bob 

P.S. Update: "Tariffs? We don’t need no stinkin' tariffs!" :smileywink:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

""Tariffs? We don’t need no stinkin' tariffs!""

The president says "there is 'no reason' for US consumers to pay them."

So, I assume that you will not need to worry about paying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Just like Mexico is paying for The Wall...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I used to be dede or dedebear.  My new M* name is Learner.

I have been in international travel since mid-April.  I plan to return to the U.S. on June 4.

Thank you for checking.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where is dede? [Introductions]

Solved or there is a best answer. Go to solution.

@Learner . Noted.

Several posters have changed UserID when they moved to this new site. May be they should note this in Introduce Yourself in Connections area. Others can also use this area for introductions.   https://community.morningstar.com/t5/Customer-Connection/Introduce-Yourself/m-p/611#M35

Another way is to add some info in your Profile.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

"Learner"

Interesting (and good) Choice. Our head of chemistry back in 1986  was a Learner (real last name) who lived in my neighborhood. He was originally from Wilkes-Barre, PA. That was my first place of work in this country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

@ECEPROF wrote:

"Learner"

Interesting (and good) Choice. Our head of chemistry back in 1986  was a Learner (real last name) who lived in my neighborhood. He was originally from Wilkes-Barre, PA. That was my first place of work in this country.

Seems like a case of homophones, Nat.  I think you meant Prof. Lerner.

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/joseph-lerner,25657

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Etolie

Yes, he is the one. I did not know the spelling at the time. They sold the house and moved out in 1996. I never saw the couple after that. He was suffering from cancer (i.e. long illness). My elder son also died of cancer in 1997. That was another thing common between us. I used to wonder if chemistry lab had anything to do with cancer at that time. Thanks for bringing this news from our news paper. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Why so much attention to "Where is Dede" yet nobody is guessing where on earth he is?

Is he in swimming, driving, boating, or flying distance? Clearly he's not in total wilderness, because he was able to post here. And most important (to borrow a line from "Frankenstein") he's ALIVE!

We could start by guessing the hemisphere. Then the continent. I don't know where to start. But I'll guess "Southern hemisphere."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Learner (or formerly dedebear) is glad to help, Juris.  That is the least I can do for you.

Countries in this trip:  Armenia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Singapore, S. Korea, and Kazakhstan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Holy sheet.

Learner is my new hero...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Impressive. I've been to S. Korea, Turkey, and Georgia (also to Azerbaijan in the Caucasus). But not to the other countries. That's an interesting course of travel/work.

0 Kudos
Announcements