cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Notice of Vanguard dividend distributions

Some of us TIAA folks also have Vanguard accounts.

Here's a link to a lengthy pdf re 2020 distributions into November. (My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere at M*.)

https://investornews.vanguard/upcoming-capital-gains-information/

Bob

4 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○

Re: Notice of Vanguard dividend distributions

That is an amazingly long list of funds!  Vanguard seems to have the problem that many of its investors also have--too many funds.

John

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I believe nothing I am going to write here is news to you, John.  For the record...  Vanguard is the second largest mutual fund company after BlackRock.  For a company, having many mutual funds is not the same thing as an individual.  It is catering to customer needs/demands.  It has pride in its extensive set of low-cost index funds.  Also, if a fund does not attract enough money, the company can consolidate it into another fund anyway.

By the way, TIAA (-CREF) was a simpler entity once.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

In part, John, because Vg collected so much distribution info in one place.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Thanks, GLI2019,

In part, the list looks long because it provides dates for every month in which a distribution was or is to be made in 2020, January through November, and in part because there are different classes of funds - Investor, Admiral, Institutional.

(I thought it was kind of short, once those desiderata are taken into consideration.)

0 Kudos
Announcements