cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○

New investment options in my TIAA plan

New investment options coming to my TIAA plan September 17.

VMFXX (Vanguard Government MM), (Will this automatically displace the current TIAA MMF?)

VIIIX (Vanguard Inst. Index R6) (SP500). I assume my VINIX will automatically be upgraded to R6.

RNPGX (American Funds New Perspective R6)

All of these may attract my money. They are all "institutional" class ER.

VMFXX could displace my current investment in TIAA MMF, which TIAA has been considering closing.

VIIIX would be an institutional class of VINIX (SP500), which I currently own.

RNPGX is a LC "global" growth fund that I have owned for several years in my Fidelity account. I will be happy to see it in my TIAA account. I would likely transfer some money from my current holding in RERGX.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: New investment options in my TIAA plan

Did you receive an email/letter from TIAA?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

TBH, I don't know how I got to the notice but it was after I logged on. Now it doesn't come up anywhere that I've just checked. I didn't get an email or slow mail about it AFAIK. It must have come up when I was reviewing investment choices (as if I planned to change my investments). I'll check that again. Ahh, here's the notice.

Fund Line-up Changes: Your fund line-up for this plan is changing on 09/17/2020. The following fund information may help you make investment choices based on the new fund line-up. Click on any fund name to review performance data. Learn more about the changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

@Learner 

I found a letter from TIAA that arrived in the mail a week or so ago.

A.  It announces three new investment options:

* American Funds New Perspective Class R-6 (RNPGX)

* Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund Investor Shares (VMFXX)

* Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Plus Shares (VIIIX)

All will be added "on or about September 17, 2020."

B. It announces that certain current options in the plan will be replaced:

* Dodge and Cox Global Stock (DODWX) will be replaced by American Funds New Perspective, Class R6 (RNPGX),

* Loomis Sayles High Income Fund (NEHYX) will be replaced by PIMCO Total Return (PTTRX).

* Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Shares (VINIX) will be replaced by VG Institutional Plus Shares (VIIIX).

As a practical matter for me (a) my current VINIX holding will be automatically switched to VIIIX. (b) If I wish to invest in RNPGX  (I do) I will have to set up an exchange once the new fund is available online. And (c) If I want to own the VG Investor share MM fund, I'll have to make the exchange myself (it won't automatically displace my current TIAA money market holding).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Thanks, Juris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

The new options become active tomorrow (Sept. 17).

I put in an order to transfer money on Sept. 17 to RNPGX (Am Funds New Perspective -- R6). Moving money mainly out of RERGX (Am Funds International Growth), in which I will keep a substantial investment. RNPGX is a "global" LC Growth fund; while RERGX is an "international" (only non-U.S.) LCG fund.

A couple of months ago I also moved some money within my TIAA account into VTSNX (VG Total International), which is equivalent to VEU -- an ETF that I own in my brokerage account at Fidelity. The international -- non-US -- share of my equities investment will have grown through these moves.

In the near future I will realign my FI holdings a bit. Mainly I will invest in the Vanguard MMF (VMFXX) that's being added to our plan, but not (yet) eliminating the TIAA MMF, which is where I currently store and withdraw monthly RMD money. A month or two ago, TIAA hinted that the TIAA MMF could go to a negative return, and implied that they might close that account. I'm waiting for that shoe to drop but also moving some money to VMFXX.

0 Kudos
Announcements