Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

New York-based retailer Century 21 will file for bankruptcy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Re: New York-based retailer Century 21 will file for bankruptcy

I've never heard of whatever place this article appears to be referring to, but this does not appear to have anything to do with the Century 21 Real Estate Brokerage, correct?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

No, it is not.

But, more commercial real estate buildings are becomming empty. That means that they are not going to pay any rent. Such is the situation about commerical real estate - more and more empty buildings. More UPS, FEDEx, USPS, and drones. We emptied two deliveries today. Two more boxes from COSTCO are on the porch. We expect one or two more tomorrow - one from Walmart and another from Walgreen. I expect more on Monday and Tuesday from Walmart. I do not know if my son has ordered any from Amazon. We get delivery almost everyday. Who needs stores to sell items?

I bet that Century 21 (brokers) also do not have much business nowdays.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@PN wrote:

I've never heard of whatever place this article appears to be referring to, but this does not appear to have anything to do with the Century 21 Real Estate Brokerage, correct?

No connection. Century 21 is like TJMaxx on steroids. A high-end super-discount store. We used to live just down at the other end of the street in Lower Manhattan. They were an institution—opened at 7:30 AM and hordes of foreign tourists always waiting outside to get in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

RLGY, parent co of Century 21 real-estate broker, has rebounded strongly since March collapse as many city multi-unit dwellers are looking to move out to open suburban spaces. Another RE broker RDFN is doing quite well; CWK is doing so-so. There aren't many pure play RE brokerage stocks.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Yogi for a good info. Quicken has been bothering me. I tried Wells Fargo (my current holder of mortgage). Because it is a rental unit, Wells Fargo quoted a little more than the current rate. I can pay it off but I will loose the tax advantage. So, I decided to keep Wells Fargo and pay off the current debt - 5 months delayed payment Monday. I have another month to wait. But, I will start paying. After all. KIO and PCI are paying more than enough I need to pay Wells Fargo.

Speaking of delivery, I needed to verify an information about a HP computer yesterday. So, I called our local Walmart and got the info. Then, he started talking. We, country folks, chat for a while anyway. I told him that I had not been to Walmart in six months. Of course, he was surprised but he also understood why we order online.

0 Kudos
Announcements