cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

Anyone Concerned about Chinese Companies Hold By Almost All TR Popular Funds?

Like prmtx, prgsx, trbcx, prgtx
They all hold serveral big Chinese companies as core holding
Current US government is so hostile to China, could be these companies delisted by US?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Anyone Concerned about Chinese Companies Hold By Almost All TR Popular Funds?

I doubt they'd be delisted.  Although given some problems with other Chinese companies going belly-up, and/or overstating their assets & sales, they might be required to come up with more stringent financial requirements??  And better accounting standards?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Concerned about Chinese Companies Hold By Almost All TR Popular Funds?

elymd - If you want some international exposure your choices are mostly developed Europe, emerging markets and countries like China. Competition may lead to higher quality all around and better pricing. Lacking any of these many U.S based countries make money overseas.

I had some concerns with foreign investment in general having been impressed by the management of TRBCX. Finally I settled on VUG. A different but close index fund with similar long term results and much less expensive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  Just don’t think it will happen.  Makes no sense to take actions that alienate or harm relationships with nearly 20% of the world’s population, but our politicians do crazy things.  From my perspective, we should be trying to work with the EU and others to better negotiate with China on lots of issues rather than trying to work everything by ourselves.  I’ve never really viewed China as a threat because they aren’t an aggressive nation.  Our politicians like to stir the pot and poke out their chest.  Interesting very few of them have served our nation in the military.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The bill that was passed in Senate is reported as a "delisting chinese companies" bill - it is far from truth.

The bill requires same accounting/auditing expectations as the US domiciled companies. So... a lot of thunder and fury.. not sure what the real outcome would be.

Example, Baidu wants to voluntarily leave US listings (are they doing something shady?). So.. the bill is intended to "warn" foreign companies of the standards expected in US listings.

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.