cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

100% TRBCX in 401k?

If you're not looking to retire for ~30 years, is TRBCX a safe fund to go 100% into? My only concern would be Puglia retiring; however, other funds at T. Rowe as well as Fidelity and Vanguard have carried on the success of the original PM without much issues long-term.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: 100% TRBCX in 401k?

It is a good fund, but why put all your eggs in one  basket? Even if you want to go 100% equity, why not have more diversity, even among all US stocks? There are other good funds, which would give you more market coverage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Being 100% equities at your age is very smart and TRBCX is a great choice.  TRP does a wonderful job of transitioning PMs, which is not something Fidelity does particularly well.  In general, there is way too much PM shuffling at Fidelity.  You only need a couple of good funds in your entire portfolio to be successful.  Don’t be a fund collector like nearly all people on these forums.  Know what you own and why you own it.  And then continue to follow, monitor, and read everything about it (Annual Reports, etc.).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I don't think I would make this my only fund.  You're ignoring small/mid caps.  As well as international.  And I even like some bonds for diversification.  Have you done some reading on asset allocation & diversification??  Plus this fund is not exactly slim & trim with 75 billion in assets.  If you want a growth fund, this is not a bad choice.  But I wouldn't make it my only fund.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

TRP are generally very good at closing funds if they think keeping a fund open is detriment to its performance.  Since this fund is open, they must think current AUM is not a limitation to its performance.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pbg wrote:

If you're not looking to retire for ~30 years, is TRBCX a safe fund to go 100% into?

What percentage of your total investments is the 401k?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Yes, if I were 30 again, I'd own TRBCX, and QQQ, VDAIX, SCHD, among others and no need for any bond funds.

0 Kudos
Announcements