cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Re: Throw in the towel on EPD and MMP?

Chang, these things jump around quite a bit. If you've just decided to sell, I'd start by putting in a limit order to sell at today's price plus a few percent. You're not in a hurry are you?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@PN No, I’m not, but with investments I’ve always believed that if it were done when ‘tis done, then ‘twere well it were done quickly.

20 years from now, it won’t matter at what price I sold it, nor at what price I bought whatever it is that I buy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

We all have our religion. And using limit orders to get good prices can be an irritant if the prices run away from you ; )

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@PN wrote:

And using limit orders to get good prices can be an irritant if the prices run away from you ; )

Ain’t that the truth. I think limit orders are overused (relative to market orders). Some people will spend hours staring at a screen waiting for a stock trading at $83.01-83.02 to get all the way down to $83.00.

(The ironic thing is that they’ll place a limit order AND still stare at the screen watching the price!)

0 Kudos
Announcements
Scheduled Maintenance
The community site will be unavailable from Friday, September 25th at 5 pm CT through Saturday, September 26th at 11:59 pm CT.