Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

TSLA

As per yahoo, it has PE of 1292

And post split it went up 12%.

I know it changed the 100 year old industry but is it still not an Auto Stock?

( I do not own Tesla because I decided not own Auto, Airlines and Conventional Energy.)

5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: TSLA

Guess who is selling TSLA?

TSLA is doing another capital raising via on-the-shelf equity issuance. Prior equity issuance was just in February 2020.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/tesla-to-sell-up-to-5-billion-in-stock-amid-rally.html

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000119312520236678/d21598d8k.htm

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Tesla is far from an auto stock. That is why it has a value larger than Ford. It is aerospace and technology too. I do not own any stocks.

@waffle wrote:

As per yahoo, it has PE of 1292

And post split it went up 12%.

I know it changed the 100 year old industry but is it still not an Auto Stock?

( I do not own Tesla because I decided not own Auto, Airlines and Conventional Energy.)

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The US regulators were sensible enough not to allow this here, but the UK has an inverse -3x single-stock ETP with short TSLA as its single holding [there is also 3x long TSLA version]. It just hit pay dirt. Unclear how long its holders suffered. Why not short directly? May be problems borrowing stock, but the ETP solves all that.   https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-tesla-triple-leveraged-fund-is-finally-having-a-day-in-the-sun-s...

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I think this market LOVES story stocks.  So long as the plot continues to twist and keep fans engaged, the ratings are reflected in stock appreciation.

On the market side, they are leading a nascent industry.  Whether growth in EV, batteries, clean tech, and integrated transportation services eventually overtakes traditional autos, who knows.  But as has been said, TSLA is more than autos and I can’t help but think of TSLA as a “proxy” for Musk’s other private ventures, like SpaceX, Boring, etc.

getting hammered today, but it’s going to take an earthquake to bring this stock negative YTD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@unbiased2020 wrote:

I think this market LOVES story stocks.  So long as the plot continues to twist and keep fans engaged, the ratings are reflected in stock appreciation.

On the market side, they are leading a nascent industry.  Whether growth in EV, batteries, clean tech, and integrated transportation services eventually overtakes traditional autos, who knows.  But as has been said, TSLA is more than autos and I can’t help but think of TSLA as a “proxy” for Musk’s other private ventures, like SpaceX, Boring, etc.

getting hammered today, but it’s going to take an earthquake to bring this stock negative YTD.

The question is whether more of TSLAs major financial backers are going to sell their stakes. Robinhood crowd can’t buy all those shares.

0 Kudos
Announcements