cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sell off in Intel, anybody else buying?

Intel beat earnings (again), but announced they are delaying their 7 NM chips, and therefore INTC received a slew of downgrades. The stock is down significantly today, down about 13%. Selling at a fairly low P/E of only 13, dividend yield is about 2.2%. Anyone else adding?

Win
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Re: Sell off in Intel, anybody else buying?

@Win1177 wrote:

Intel beat earnings (again), but announced they are delaying their 7 NM chips, and therefore INTC received a slew of downgrades. The stock is down significantly today, down about 13%. Selling at a fairly low P/E of only 13, dividend yield is about 2.2%. Anyone else adding?

The current CEO was previously CFO, a non-engineering, non-science person.  I will be tempted if the dividend yield goes to 3%. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Win1177 wrote:

Maybe take a gander at TXN? Growth of principle and dividends. We switched from INTC to that after WINTEL ran it’s course about 20? years ago. We cashed TXN in last year as part of consolidation. At that time the dividend per share was over 3%. A little pricey (about 8%) right now due to the tech run up though. If I remember right it’s chip base is more diversified. It’s held in many growth and value funds.

Of course maybe you own this one also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I will let my 5 star T. Rowe Price fund managers decide if they want to buy Intel for the funds they manage for me. They know more than me. So do their analysts all over the world.  They all make better stock choices than me. Anybody disagree with this philosophy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I’m not buying yet, but if it falls into the mid $40’s, I will add to my position. I see Intel as a slow but steady dividend growth stock, which will continue to grow sales/ revenue for years to come. 

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

In my CASH$ Acct I sold (2) shares on 6/5 @ $63.62.  So I was  really just adding back to "Cover" some other existing shares that also qualify for LT gains status if I sell any of those.  So I added back in that CASH$ acct 3 shares @ $50.55 which then includes an "ACCUMULATION" share.  Also in MY ROTH I had an older wish limit order concocted out f the March 23rd low as a reference, fill for (2) shares at $50.04.  At some point the company will get it's current troubles sorted out and again provide some stiff competition to Micron and Appllied Micro.  Some times you have to buy when others are becoming fearful and you might not catch the bottom in a stock.   The TV analysts were very harsh in their criticism of the stock maybe it is over done.  Chips and in so many different niches makes it a very competitive industry.    If the management can not do better there is always an activist group willing to step in and suggest or mandate a house cleaning.  With the US ten year at 0.5% handles a 2.2% dividend is not just chump change and the EX is only a week or two away.  So that "effectively pushes" that yield up by near 20%  on the Dividend capture. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I add to PRDGX on most market dips.  TD and Schwab do not have any "mins in",  when you want to add so yo can let your divs collect awhile waiting for a chance to add instead of just taking what they provide if you re-invest your PRDGX divs and cap gains when they are paid. I generally add in $4, $8 and $12 tranches.  

0 Kudos
Announcements