cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

FEDs - announcement to Prop the market

Anyone who has come across any FED governor making the statement to Prop the market?

Stock market has fallen sharply in the last 3 sessions?

Market is still up since March 2020 lows.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: FEDs - announcement to Prop the market

@Kings60Man wrote:

Anyone who has come across any FED governor making the statement to Prop the market?

This is all part of the short term volatility during an election year and it’s process especially this year and lack of a vaccine until next year “probably”.  Not everyone is in the investor class. Unfortunately you may be correct. At times in the future they may be “saved” by the Fed’s. I hope they do nothing and let markets function. A correction in values, a pause then onward and upward. Maybe multiple times well into next year. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@steelpony10 wrote:

@Kings60Man wrote:

This is all part of the short term volatility during an election year and it’s process especially this year and lack of a vaccine until next year “probably”.  Not everyone is in the investor class. So prop them up at the cost to a whole population? Remember everyone griping about stimulus checks to the population not as well off? So it’s not the same for the fat cats? Unfortunately you may be correct. They may be “saved” by the Fed’s. I hope they do nothing and let markets function. A correction in values, a pause then onward and upward. Maybe multiple times well into next year.

Proping up the stock market is not one of the Feds statutory policy Mandates which includes maximum employment and stable prices for goods and services that are purchased.  

if you don’t like the declines in stocks you can sell your equities because fed has no obligation to prop up the price of stocks for investors,  or look at the decline as a buying opportunity for high growth stocks which are on sale.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

I doubt the FED will react to a market correction. This is not a black swan continuation, I hope.

@Kings60Man wrote:

0 Kudos
Announcements