cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Apple Stock Split

A four for one split effective Aug 31, 2020.....This should bring in many retail investors. 

Gabe

Highlighted
Follower ○○

My apple stock split has not been updated on my M* portfolio.  Am I supposed to do it manually?  I thought it should have been automatically updated my M* to reflect the stock split and and adjustment of past purchases.

Joel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@MopMan44 wrote:

My apple stock split has not been updated on my M* portfolio.  Am I supposed to do it manually?  I thought it should have been automatically updated my M* to reflect the stock split and and adjustment of past purchases.

Joel

Should wait a few days for split to be in M* Portfolio. If you do something manually, you may have to back that out to avoid duplication. I don't have AAPL but I had experience with some Fido fund splits.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

thanks for your always quick response to people's questions.

Joel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

@Win1177 wrote:

I'm happy to see them split, stock has appreciated A LOT here recently. I don't consider AAPL a "bargain" anymore, but I'm going to continue to hold my very large stake (over 1000 shares). Of course I got in a while ago, $11 per share, so it would be dumb for me to sell. If we have a correction, I definitely would buy some. Their products are great, very happy with our iPhones/ IPAD's, and my daughters MAC. 

What is your honest response when AAPL drops 40% - that's measured in $100K increments with 1,000 shares?

The last drop caused me to analyze AAPL and its impact on one's portfolio. I came to the conclusion that, for us at least, it was best to trim our AAPL holdings after a fortunate recovery. True, the recent rocket climb left a lot on the table, but I feel that we are too old to endure HUGE loses. I now keep AAPL in a tech portfolio made up of ETF's only.

To each according to their needs/desires.   :-)))

PS: I bought AAPL back in 2017 and added some to it. I figured at around $97 I should when I saw Warren Buffett loading up on it. Did much better in AAPL than I ever did in BRK.B.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Essentially, the split has given AAPl "momentum"!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements