cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
     
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Apple Stock Split

Please share your opinions of the Apple Stock Split?

Think it's a good time to get into Apple?

 

thanks,

 

 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split


@mbaum18 wrote:

Please share your opinions of the Apple Stock Split?

Think it's a good time to get into Apple?

 

thanks,

 

 


What have you been waiting for?

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

Never bought always thought it was too high.  But regretted it.

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Apple Stock Split

That's what I said to myself about Amazon when I bought 5 shares at $990. 

And didn't buy any when it crashed to $1800 in March. 

Some of these guys, especially for long-term investors, it's always a good time to buy. 

Plus, now you can buy fractional shares at most places. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

No, at least not at this juncture.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

51hh - please clarify

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

Basic contrarian intuition (stock split is not a reason to buy, etc.), timing-wise.  Just an input.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2020/07/31/3-reasons-apple-stock-split-is-a-buying-opportuni...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

I've read that splits encourage interest from the retail or small investors, but otherwise would have no major influence on the financials. Witness what Fidelity did with many of its mutual funds, knocking them down to 10 buck ducks, However, I am happy to see my APPL shares split if that increases buying demand.

Personally, I have never owned any APPL products til we got two Iphone 11SE this year. Thought it was time to support the companies I own. Wow, they are quite nice. Bought an Ipad after that. Not ready to get an Apple laptop yet, but will in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Apple Stock Split

When I started investing I actually did think for a while that a lower priced stock is cheaper and better value and I can buy more shares of it. Though thinking back I doubt there would be many people who would be that stupid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

@mbaum18   
         Ha. Ha. So during a recession, a leading tech company that just posted stellar earnings during a record GDP contraction and is splitting their stock to make investing in their company easier, some are still using the same reasons to sit on their hands when it was under $200 a few years back. In fact the same reasons recycled from the late 80’s when I first invested in MSFT, AAPL, INTC and later AMZN during the bank crisis.
           I vote bleep yes if if fits some type of long term plan. Proper investing is not a casino i.e. how to play blank on Monday. Hold it long term with maybe with some other widely held tech leaders if you want to invest in tech. Investing isn’t brain surgery but it does call for a grasp of the obvious to some degree.
           
           Do yourself a favor when investing in single companies and in this case check out some top growth funds and see what professionals think with their massive research departments. In the long term current pricing doesn’t matter much. Management does. Stellar earnings under these conditions = good management. Earnings drive stock values up long term. So with fits and restarts for 30+ years that’s obvious with AAPL to date.  

 

     

 


 

 


 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

I'm happy to see them split, stock has appreciated A LOT here recently. I don't consider AAPL a "bargain" anymore, but I'm going to continue to hold my very large stake (over 1000 shares). Of course I got in a while ago, $11 per share, so it would be dumb for me to sell. If we have a correction, I definitely would buy some. Their products are great, very happy with our iPhones/ IPAD's, and my daughters MAC. 

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

People that don't understand stocks will now think Apple is cheaper.

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

@steelpony10

When using the "quote" feature, you need to write your responses OUTSIDE the post you are replying to. You keep embedding it in the other person's writing such that it is difficult to discern what you wrote apart from what they wrote.  It's not that difficult.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split


@Win1177 wrote:

I'm happy to see them split, stock has appreciated A LOT here recently. I don't consider AAPL a "bargain" anymore, but I'm going to continue to hold my very large stake (over 1000 shares). Of course I got in a while ago, $11 per share, so it would be dumb for me to sell. 


Just amazing!  :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Re: Apple Stock Split

Amazing $11 when was that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

Around 2006?  :D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split


@VA-Tech wrote:

@steelpony10

When using the "quote" feature, you need to write your responses OUTSIDE the post you are replying to. You keep embedding it in the other person's writing such that it is difficult to discern what you wrote apart from what they wrote.  It's not that difficult.


                  Sure. The few that ever comment on a post never mentioned that. It’s crystal clear on my screen. I would never realize it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split


@mbaum18 wrote:

Amazing $11 when was that?


I bought My first AAPl shares at 500 and did 7 to 1 split when it hit 651. My basis became 93.After this 4 to 1 split basis will be 23.75.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split


@steelpony10 wrote:

@VA-Tech wrote:

@steelpony10

When using the "quote" feature, you need to write your responses OUTSIDE the post you are replying to. You keep embedding it in the other person's writing such that it is difficult to discern what you wrote apart from what they wrote.  It's not that difficult.


                  Sure. The few that ever comment on a post never mentioned that. It’s crystal clear on my screen. 


By default, the cursor is outside of the Quote field, but one can click to move it inside the Quote field. Some posters do the latter deliberately and use different colors.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Stock Split

Bought AAPL stock on 1/16/2009. After the split, we have 1050 shares at a split adjusted share price of $11.58 per share. 

I bought a LOT of stocks back in 2008-2009, our portfolio really grew after the great recession. 

Win
Announcements