cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
outandabout
Participant ○○

AT&T reaches 52 week high

52Wk Range........26.80-38.75. It has performed well for the investor.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Intruder
Participant ○○○

Re: AT&T reaches 52 week high

@outandabout wrote:

Certainly works for me because I elected to collect the 7.2% dividend instead of selling last year and bought more between $30-34 earlier this year. Dividend yield is now 5.2%.

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

@Intruder wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

Certainly works for me because I elected to collect the 7.2% dividend instead of selling last year and bought more between $30-34 earlier this year. Dividend yield is now 5.2%.

I also added to my holdings over the past year. Even at the current price the dividend may be reason to purchase for some investors if they are still accumulating.

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-at-t-elliott/att-to-add-directors-sell-up-to-10-billion-in-assets...

“We commend AT&T for the positive steps announced today, which will create substantial and enduring shareholder value at one of America’s greatest companies,” Elliott said in a statement.

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

AT&T again reaches 52 wk high. It proved many investors wrong.

0 Kudos
Bentley
Participant ○○○

@outandabout wrote:

Many stocks have reached not just 52-week highs but multi-year and all-time highs.

T total return since 7/29/16 is 14.81% while SPY returned 29.89%

Over the past ten years, T has returned 158.37%, while SPY returned 241.14%.

You would think that those willing to take single stock risks would enjoy higher returns associated with those higher risks.

0 Kudos
Intruder
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

Many stocks have reached not just 52-week highs but multi-year and all-time highs.

You would think that those willing to take single stock risks would enjoy higher returns associated with those higher risks.

The 1000 shares of JPM that I purchased @20 have returned 650% in 10.75 years without dividends since I bought them. As all intelligent investors know investment performance is relative to the period measured and the data points used to measure performance.

0 Kudos
Bentley
Participant ○○○

@Intruder wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

The 1000 shares of JPM that I purchased @20 have returned 650% in 10.75 years without dividends since I bought them. As all intelligent investors know investment performance is relative to the period measured and the data points used to measure performance.

That helps even out the KMI losses. You win some and you lose some. Remember S&P 3200 well before the end of 2020. :))

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

@Bentley wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

Really!

Who cares about what T did compared to SPY during that period.

Another who cares.

See, there you go thinking again, Bentley.

I've held AT&T since late 2018 and continued to add over time.

More recent purchases have been in BMY and ABBV.

I've held WVIAX and PIMIX for years.

PCI has been a good investment to play.

Have held USMV for the past five years........... SPY...52.82% , USMV 61.71%.

I'll sell most investments in time, but there are always other positions to take.

I can't always be around to respond to your silliness, but I'm sure you can find others to occupy your moments of boredom, Bentley. Thank goodness all passive investors aren't of your small caliber.

Out

0 Kudos
Bentley
Participant ○○○

@outandabout wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

AT&T again reaches 52 wk high. It proved many investors wrong. Really?

Really!

Who cares about what T did compared to SPY during that period. Those who want to measure their performance against a benhmark.

Another who cares. Those who want to measure their performance against a benchmark. 158% gain sounds imppresive until you compare it to a benchmark.

See, there you go thinking again, Bentley.

More recent purchases have been in BMY and ABBV.

PCI has been a good investment to play. Not sure what those investments have to do with AT&T?

Bentley. Thank goodness all passive investors aren't of your small caliber. In the old days I might have returned your insult, nowadays I simply choose to educate.

Go Duke!

Out

0 Kudos
Intruder
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

@Intruder wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

That helps even out the KMI losses. You win some and you lose some. Remember S&P 3200 well before the end of 2020. :))

KMI write off was less than 10% of the gains on JPM and other stocks purchased in 2009.

Good night and good luck.

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

Bentley..."Not sure what those investments have to do with AT&T?"

Stay focused, Bentley, and I wouldn't bring up other investments.

I purchased USMV five years ago. How does that compare with your SPY? Huh?

Bentley you need to join Facebook and find some friends.

Good day!

Out

0 Kudos
Bentley
Participant ○○○

@outandabout wrote:

Bentley..."Not sure what those investments have to do with AT&T?"

Stay focused, Bentley, and I wouldn't bring up other investments. But you did. See below five seperate investments you mention, none of them have any connection to ATT.

"More recent purchases have been in BMY and ABBV.
PCI has been a good investment to play."

I purchased USMV five years ago. How does that compare with your SPY? Huh? SPY is a benchmark and not something I hold in any investment account. Also most investors who invest in individual products have one or two that may outperform over a five year period, glad you found one also.

Bentley you need to join Facebook and find some friends. Thanks for your advice. BTW, have you noticed how well the DOW is doing. It has gone straight up since you indicated you had been told it was going to 21,100. I hope AT&T is able to continue with its dividend strategy going forward.

All the best, Bentley

Go Duke.

Good day!

Out

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

@Bentley wrote:

SPY is a benchmark and not something I hold in any investment account. Also most investors who invest in individual products have one or two that may outperform over a five year period, glad you found one also.

BTW, have you noticed how well the DOW is doing. It has gone straight up since you indicated you had been told it was going to 21,100. I hope AT&T is able to continue with its dividend strategy going forward.

All the best, Bentley

The rest of your post is gibberish or meaningless to the OP, Bentley.

Fully agree on the dividend. Maintaining the dividend is an important factor for the investors.

Out

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/953653/our-take-on-wireless-earnings

AT&T Lays Out Optimistic Three-Year Plans.....................................................etc.............

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in