cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

BUYS--SELLS--WHY: SEPTEMBER, 2020

Report your stock or fund buys and sells, and brief reason why, on this continuous monthly thread.  Be brief, and please show symbol with descriptive stock or fund name.  Keep question or clarification requests short.  If discussions get detailed, please take to another separate thread post.  I trust all will be civil.  And a thank you to poster richardsok, who maintained this monthly thread for a considerable period...he's on sabbatical.

R48

0 Kudos
48 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: BUYS--SELLS--WHY: SEPTEMBER, 2020

Sold PARWX - Parnassus Endeavor fund. A large value fund. Retirement account so no tax issues.

Underperforming so far this year.May be I pulled the trigger too soon. Not sure what to put the money in though. Most likely I will buy SCHD and VIG with the proceeds.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@retiredat48 , reason your last post on the August,2020 thread shows wrong month is that your OP there had a wrong month that you corrected in the next/subsequent post but not in the OP there. It is likely that you used that OP again to close the thread, or M* defaulted to that OP title because there was no posting for a few days. I didn't want to post it there as it would bump up that thread unnecessarily.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@yogibearbull wrote:

@retiredat48 , reason your last post on the August,2020 thread shows wrong month is that your OP there had a wrong month that you corrected in the next/subsequent post but not in the OP there. It is likely that you used that OP again to close the thread, or M* defaulted to that OP title because there was no posting for a few days. I didn't want to post it there as it would bump up that thread unnecessarily.

Got it...thanks.

In future I will retype the title, instead of copying it, as I think that is where the change took place.

R48

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

On income side finished out buying KMI and adding more UTG.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Haven't posted in a while.

Recently added to ZTR,  NHF, and FEI which have nice discounts and nice distributions.

Also bought JETS  March 19, 2021 options, which seem reasonable. I think airlines should improve quite a bit by then.

Also bought SPXU and SQQQ as  hedges

Keeping 20% cash

Stay healthy, Gene

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Adding a little to MATFX today.

Edit: Whoosh! I didn't expect it to be up 2.55% today, with the Asian markets flat. One of its holdings must have jumped. I usually don't like to buy on big up-days, but (1) it was a small amount, and (2) in the long run it doesn't matter. I should have bought much more much earlier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

Adding a little to MATFX today.

Edit: Whoosh! I didn't expect it to be up 2.55% today, with the Asian markets flat. One of its holdings must have jumped. I usually don't like to buy on big up-days, but (1) it was a small amount, and (2) in the long run it doesn't matter. I should have bought much more much earlier.

PYRAMID UP!.:-)...gives one "confidence to buy more, earlier, in uptrend."

You love discipline...use it.

R48

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added more CSCO to my growth side today. Did not see anything else that interested me!

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I’ll play. Added to CNRG (hippie energy). I’m using @retiredat48  momentum (weekly, monthly) and @chang BTD(daily) to slowly build this position. Also threw a few MSFT logs on the cord. Interesting times, these. Stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Bought 300 more shares CVS on 9/1 at $60, bought 600 shares CSCO today at $41. Both were positions I already held, just adding to them on weakness. Both “slow growth wide moat” companies, that pay rising dividends, which are my “core holdings”.

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Orders in to buy FSPGX (Fido Growth Index) and VWUAX (VG US Growth). Funds come from BIV for the first buy (picked up recently at $93.75, sold at $93.93 for a small profit) and VBIRX for the second (my cash sub).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Looked at APPL down 8% when I got home from golf. Decided to add 100 shares to the original 200 (now 800 after split) Winning $5 at golf makes me do heady things. Also added modestly to existing holdings in TRBCX, SCHD, and my S&P500 index fund.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Yesterday added a modest amount to an existing position in VWUSX (Vang. US Growth) It's part of my IRA-R account so looking at dips with a long term perspective. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added again small amount to MSFT, CNRG, PRWAX. #BTD. $ from cash account. rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Taking another nibble at VWUAX on today’s continuing decline. Funds coming from VBIRX (“cash”). This is in an IRA..

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I also put in an order to add to @retiredat48‘s favorite fund, APDYX (ARTYX). I looked at the top ten holdings and they’re all trading down 3-4% at the moment. Funds coming from BSV (“cash”).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Put some cash to work on the dip:

- Vanguard Total Stock (VTSAX Brokerage)

- Vanguard Dividend Appreciation (VDADX - IRA)

- TIAA access to Vanguard Equity Index (Tax Deferred)

- Value line Asset allocation (VLAIX - IRA)

on edit: all are current positions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Bought MSFT at close.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added MSFT to growth side and Duk and T to income side. Good prices so far today!

Copie

0 Kudos
Announcements