cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: BUYS--SELLS--WHY: AUGUST 2020

Bought first small bucket of CSCO @ 42.74.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Order placed to add to VWIAX today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I bought additional shares of Apple.......could not resist in that I want to take advantage of the fact that the Company is worth almost 2 trillion.  Unbelievable.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Spoiler

@chang wrote:

Hey, Chang! I noticed you are developing a position in VWIAX. If I might ask, are you coming from cash or rebalancing from another fund? I'm considering swiching one of my VWENX holdings (which I hold in three accounts) to VWIAX. TIA. Stay well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Spoiler

@chang wrote:

Hey, @chang,  I noticed you are developing a position in VWIAX. If I might ask, are you coming from cash or rebalancing from another fund? I'm considering swiching one of my VWENX holdings (which I hold in three accounts) to VWIAX. TIA. Stay well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I transferred my cash holdings from Vanguards prime money market VMMXX to my local credit union last week.. Credit union is linked with Vanguard and pays .90% right now. Better than VMMXX at .07%

I am in holding pattern until market breaks again. I am at 20% allocation to stocks right now.

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Bought Northwestern (NWE),  Wells Fargo (WFC),  sold Center Point E. (CNP).

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added  shares of Essential U. (WTRG) for my water bill dividend paying fund.

Paid dividends past 75 years. Good for my grandchildren !

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added a bit to VWILX based on a down day across the globe. 

Edit: VWILX went up anyway!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Sold TGT at $154 for a 177% gain.
Original purchase was on 3/6/2017 when all the retailers were slammed on the fear they would all be put out of business by AMZN.
Hard to let this one go because my yield (on cost) was 8%

Sold QCOM at $114 for a 111% gain
Original purchase was on 1/26/2017 when APPL was withholding royalties in order to pressure them (and all of their suppliers) into a lower cost deal. APPL tried to claim they were anticompetitive/monopoly in court. “Tim Apple” needs to look into the mirror about anticompetitive/monopoly his company engages in...

TGT.JPG

QCOM.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Moving some deck chairs. Changes due to personal circumstances, not any insights/hunches. Sold VIGI in IRA, bot VWENX in same account. Traded my smallest holding of VWENX in a different IRA for VWIAX. Considering a dollar cost average into VTMFX in non-sheltered account. All amount to small changes in allocation. Taking a little risk off the table. Seems like a good time to sit and watch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Stop

STOP

STOP

Post on the new September Buys/Sells/Why thread.

R48

Edit: Strange...title changed to Sept somehow...can't edit back to august.  Ignore this sept title.

0 Kudos
Announcements