cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: BUYS--SELLS--WHY: AUGUST 2020

Sold remaining shares of D. It's been good to me but it's low conviction hold. Bot MATFX (on China drama weakness) SCHD (for income) PFF (also for income) BSV (for rainy day), MSFT (for growth)  VIDGX and VWEAX (stupid money, meaning I don't have a better idea) All of these are just adding logs to the cord I already have fashioned. Stay well. rm

edit to add - picked up a few shares of PCI as its premium was lowered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

small orders in for FDGRX (fidelity Growth Company), FSMEX (Fidelity Select Medical Tech) and ARTMX (Artisan Mid). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added to SWAN.

Trying to maintain a hedged portfolio of approx. 50% SWAN

40% DRSK 

10% TAIL

I had hoped the market would crash again, but the Fed just won't allow it this year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

In my Fidelity account, sold all FCONX, Fidelity Conservative Income Bond, an ultra-short bond fund and used proceeds for Fidelity GNMA.  I know there is not much in the way of yield, but my overall objective is to have several income investments, and a GNMA fund seems like a good idea for part of the portfolio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added shares of MSFT at $209.06 and now it at $208.72. Can I time the market or can I !

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Like @copie I added a few logs to the MSFT cord. I'll probably add to MATFX by the end of the day!

Edit to add - did indeed add to MATFX. I also opened small hippie energy position CNRG just so I'll see it every morning. Might be worth a look for some? Stay well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Placed an order to add to MATFX. I checked its top ten holdings and most are down 2-3% or more at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Transferring all VWIUX to VWLUX. Duration risk has been debated several times before ... I will keep an eye on it, but I just don’t see the need to pull in my interest rate risk a this moment in time and give up extra yield. And not just yield—NAVs have been rising. And tax increases are more likely than tax cuts in the future, so muni demand should remain steady, or rise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Bot a few shares of MSFT on diplet and a few of my hippie energy CNRG. Value looks to be making a play, finally!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Bought BIV at $93.75. Funds came from BSV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

A note to lisztstr.

Please read the initial post on this monthly thread...it is requested posters do not make the kind of post you just made.

This continuous thread has been run for over a decade.  It is a place for investors to post, briefly, their specific buys/sells/and why re stocks and funds.  Any posts of length are asked to be taken to another thread, on forum of choice.  The reason is readers want to quickly ascertain what is being bought or sold, w/o having to read huge amounts of information.

Please try to follow this guidance.

Thanks...

R48

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Ah so readers want to gamble. Got it.

--

*Josh Lin*
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Sold about 10K of BND to buy First Energy (FE).  After looking at M* Analyst Review I think it is just oversold on bad headline news and will eventually come back plus the dividend while I wait is over 5% right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Selling my small holding of FDGFX (Fidelity Disruptors Fund). Bought it for fun when it came out in April ... and made a lucky easy carefully-planned 27% on it. I just checked the Fido page:

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/31641Q516

They don’t list individual holdings because it’s a FOF. So as a temperature check I looked at one of its constituents FTEKX (Technology Disruptors). I thought they’d be turning over hidden stones in the mid-cap space, but instead it seems to be a fairly ordinary LCG fund with all the usual names:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

I suspected from the start that these funds might be just a gimmick, especially with the "loyalty pricing". Very doubtful that I would ever build up a strategically significant holding, so I’m selling it today.

I’ve placed a parallel order to roll the proceeds into FSPGX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Two days ago, I sold all of my IAU which totaled about 5% of my portfolio. Yesterday, I trimmed TRBCX, ARTYX and PRGTX. Today I will buy TMSRX. I am trimming winners and dampening volatility. In case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added to "old Tech" CSCO on today's 11+% drop. Been looking to add this area for income side. -rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Took some profits from TRBCX.  Sold all of VG HY Corp.  Bought some ARR-C (Armour REIT C 7.75%) for income.  It's selling below par, pays monthly, and is now totally comprised of agency mortgage REITs, so minimal risk.  A pretty safe preferred, IMO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Sold all IAU on Tuesday.  Took proceeds and added to VCOBX, VUBFX, & DBLTX.    Kept profits available to re-buy IAU if price comes back down and stabilizes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Followed @rhythmmethod topping up an old position in Cisco at $42.70.

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Added to SWAN, a bond alternative. Needed to allocate some cash, seemed like a prudent alternative.

best of luck,

Rick

0 Kudos
Announcements