Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: BUYS--SELLS--WHY: SEPTEMBER, 2020

bought cvs.   well below fair value

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added to MSFT, TRBCX, PRWAX. Buying little bites on dips. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@bujia wrote:

Haven't posted in a while.

Recently added to ZTR,  NHF, and FEI which have nice discounts and nice distributions.

Also bought JETS  March 19, 2021 options, which seem reasonable. I think airlines should improve quite a bit by then.

Also bought SPXU and SQQQ as  hedges

Keeping 20% cash

Stay healthy, Gene

@bujia 

Some interesting ideas.  I followed you in on the JETS, March 21 calls

ctyankee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Adding to VWUAX and FSPGX today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Added to:

MORGAN STANLEY GROWTH PORTFOLIO INSTITUTIONAL CLASS

ARTISAN DEVELOPING WORLD FD ADVISOR CLASS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sold a big chunk of 401K large cap growth fund at COB Wednesday. This brought my equity allocation of 401K down 10% and equity portion of total portfolio down 6%.  Might sell another 5% of total portfolio's equity allocation if opportunity presents itself in coming weeks. Why? Moving back towards pre-March allocation and risk-tolerance levels. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Added to ACP. Cut distribution from .12 to .10

At 9.80 now paying 12% 

Gene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Added to trbcx yesterday. Read on m* that long term manager is due to retire soon. So I will need to find a replacement

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@waffle wrote:

Added to trbcx yesterday. Read on m* that long term manager is due to retire soon. So I will need to find a replacement

@waffle,

According to Morningstar's analysis (dated 07/15/20), Larry Puglia is likely to retire within two years.
Paul Greene was named associate manager in January 2020 with plans to succeed Mr. Puglia.
T. Rowe Price usually handles manager transitions well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Sold PCI, bought equal amounts of PTY & DSL.  Looks like the share prices held up better over the last 3 years.  (Long term for me these days).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@waffle wrote:

If you are still looking for a replacement for TRBCX, you may want to check out APGAX, also a large cap growth fund with almost the same 3 and 5 year total return as TRBCX, but with a much lower standard deviation, 15.1 vs 19.1.

Good luck,

Fred

Highlighted
Explorer ○

Slowly accumulating CVS, STT, CMA and TFC.

The first two are moderate to low yielders but are recommended by one or more of my newsletters and seem to have potential for great dividend growth - hopefully share price also.

The second two are banks, 1 smallish and 1 large, also recommended by sources I trust.  Have great yields and divi growth.  May be a little early for banks (I sold WFC after divi cut), but a smart guy in Nebraska talks about spring and Robins - 

Trimmed a little Broadcom and Amgen  - two of my big winners - they are over fair value - just being cautious.

Good Luck to us all,  Joe

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added a bit of JPM on CV19 news for them. Expect it'll have little impact long term.

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Slowly building a personal dividend fund with about 10 holdings. Bought initial 100 shares of Medtronic last week. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Sold 1/4 of my ZION-N position. Sold because It's callable at any time and trading a dollar above the call price, and I wanted to lock in that capital gain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Shorted a little PTON (Peloton) with a tight stop.

Apple announced a Fitness+ service which could compete with Peloton. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Placed an order to add a little bit to VWILX (VG INTL Growth). Looking to be a down day all over the globe.

Edit: Amazingly, it went up a little on Friday, even though equities all around the world declined further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Order filled for MSFT @200.49. Also adding a bit to PRWAX. Looking to add on a down day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sold a little MIAPX (Matthews Asia Growth) and bought the equivalent amount of MATFX (Matthews Asia Innovators). Not performance chasing per se; just bringing these two positions into better balance. (In other words, performance chasing.)

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Added a small slice to current position in Value Line Asset Allocation fund (VLAIX) on Thursday to increase my growth oriented allocation fund.

0 Kudos
Announcements