cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

Re: BUYS--SELLS--WHY; JULY 2020

as re wellesley -- i'm in the same boat.  maybe i'll get some today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

@rhythmmethod wrote:
You’re right, @chang. I’m dyslexic and go crazy with letters. I almost never get a phone call right on the  first try, either. rm

I always confuse VGHAX and VHCAX. Just be careful when you place your orders!

Right - Especially the BUY/SELL part. I added a little to HON on dip today!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Two small buy orders on mutual funds filled yesterday, Franklin Income fund (FKIQX) @2.10 and PONAX @11.62.  These are both keeper funds, and the stock market seems to be bogged down a little, so I thought I would go ahead and get rid of some money that was in the Schwab cash account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Edit: MATFX closed down a mere 1.91%, VWILX down 1.38%. Less than I expected, but I nibbled at both.

@chang wrote:

Asia (HK and China) is closing pretty deep in the red, and Europe opened > 2% down, while US futures are also off, led by the Nasdaq. With that in view, I placed orders to add to

- Matthews MATFX (Asian LCG Tech)

- Vanguard VWILX (Intl Growth)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

No postings in 5 days. Looks like the demise of a once vigorous discussion board.

Too bad.

Gene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

For me, this place has never been the same since Chamois died during his operation, and Capecod disappeared.  Chamois was the most amazing investor, with a broad interest in all areas of investing and a willingness to help anyone who had investing questions.  Capecod coaxed a number of us -- including me -- to be willing to take a risk on PDI, then later other PIMCO Cefs.  And I miss Lakeside7's thoughtful posts, primarily about CEFs.  Others too seem to have disappeared, particularly after M* "improved" the site, while making it harder to navigate.  Then there are those silly little ratings that are given out.  A comedy of bad luck and organizational errors.

Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added more shares of RTX at $57.70 to my roth today.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Took profits on KODK, I bought a week ago, but forgot to post - JK - I bot a very little of HON and JPM today on dip. Anyone not thinking the possibility of a significant drop is kidding themselves. Stay safe!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Buying VWIAX in my VG IRA today. New position for $100k. I like the new 6/30 portfolio.

Funniest post @rhythmmethod I’ve seen in a long time!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Just took a nibble at RTX at $56.81, adding to existing position. Awesome company yielding 3.3%!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Bought KMI at $13.85 and MDU at $21.00 for income side. Stocks may be interesting in Aug. Good sign selling gold on t.v. has picked up.  :)

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

For me, this place has never been the same since Chamois died during his operation, and Capecod disappeared. Chamois was the most amazing investor, with a broad interest in all areas of investing and a willingness to help anyone who had investing questions. Capecod coaxed a number of us -- including me -- to be willing to take a risk on PDI, then later other PIMCO Cefs. And I miss Lakeside7's thoughtful posts, primarily about CEFs. Others too seem to have disappeared, particularly after M* "improved" the site, while making it harder to navigate. Then there are those silly little ratings that are given out. A comedy of bad luck and organizational errors.

This website has slowly deteriorated downhill.  The only new and improved at M* are all the suspensions and locked threads, handed out daily.    Too bad the travel industry is shut down.  You could have a meaningful suspension of say several weeks or months, like they do at all good employers; so the employees/posters could take a vacation to some exotic place and hit the all you can drink bars at 9 in the a.m.  That would be a serious improvement here.

0 Kudos
Announcements