cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○

M* Premium price lowered?

Just noticed a banner advertising Premium for $149.  I thought it was $199, so I'm gathering they dropped the price recently?

If it ever drops to $99/yr I would still likely keep my pledge from last year (when I cancelled after several years) & buy a few years at that price.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: M* Premium price lowered?

Agreed.   If it drops to $99, then I think it’s worth the “investment” again. 

if it does get to $99 I wonder how long they’ll allow you to lock in that price? Is it a one year teaser or a multi-year program?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

@mattm wrote:

Agreed.   If it drops to $99, then I think it’s worth the “investment” again. 

if it does get to $99 I wonder how long they’ll allow you to lock in that price? Is it a one year teaser or a multi-year program?

Other than analyst reports, news letters, portfolio x-ray, what you get out of premium that you don't get with standard subscription? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

ESAR there are a few other perks other than what you mentioned, but I personally like their mutual fund premium search tool.  

The searching criteria is much more detailed then the basic search tool. I am not aware of any other site that has as sophisticated a mutual fund search engine as MorningStar.

If you know of one please share it!!!  I’ve been looking for one but I’ve had no luck. That is why I think a $99 annual premium subscription is worth it.

Thx  Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

when i signed up in 2002, it was $109/yr !

according to this old-style Membership page, it's now $199/yr or $30/mo.

.... http://members.morningstar.com/memberstpages/MembershipPremium.html

there is a link there to a user guide:

.... http://members.morningstar.com/memberstpages/PremiumUserGuide121808.pdf

most links here just take you to the Premium "free trial" signup page. it took a while, but i found an actual page w/ a bit info about MStar Premium.

.... https://www.morningstar.com/premium

that page lists (wonder why they dont have a a bulletized list???):

• popular screeners
  • Premium ratings and valuations
  • Monitor investments - comprehensive overview highlighting strengths and weaknesses and where to invest next.
  • top mutual fund, stock, and ETF picks
  • quote pages and analyst reports
  • our professional-grade tools for your portfolio (X-Ray, Portfolio Monitor)
  • Portfolio Alerts tell you what you want to know about your portfolio.

in Terms & Conditions:

"unless you notify us that you wish to cancel your Premium Service subscription before the end of its then-current subscription term, your Premium Service subscription will continue to automatically renew for successive terms of the same duration and your credit card will be charged for each such renewal at the subscription fee in effect at the time of that renewal."

-and-

"you may cancel it (i) by calling the telephone number listed under “Customer Service and Product Support” to notify Morningstar; or (ii) by going to the MyAccount portion of the Premium Service (located at www.morningstar.com) navigating to “Membership,” clicking on “Cancel” and then following the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation process; or (iii) by sending an email to cancellation@morningstar.com. "

- - - - - - - - - -
peace, love, enlightenment and energy!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

It’ still saying $199/ year fo me. I’d re-subscribe for $99/ year or even $129/ year, but don’t believe it’s worth $199.

Win
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am not aware of any other site that has as sophisticated a mutual fund search engine as MorningStar.”

Huh? April 1st was two months ago ...

Announcements