cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Yale Epidemiology Professor says the science is clear: Hydroxychloroquine Works

@bilperk wrote:

Our opinions are worthless from a scientific basis compared to the experts, like the doctors here.  It doesn't matter one bit what you or I think about HCQ, for example, because we have no knowledge base to work off of.  Most here are just cheerleading for the outcome they want.  But hoping doesn't really substitute for understanding.  Opinions here may be interesting and even entertaining, but they don't move the needle at all in resolving the issue.

I agree.  But I have been hearing on some news programs that doctors who are discussing HCQ favorably are having their post removed by the operators.  Their opinions would be worth reading.  I wonder why they are being removed?

Highlighted
Participant ○

Re: Yale Epidemiology Professor says the science is clear: Hydroxychloroquine Works

You have to go along with The Board.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

One reason the virus has become such a big political deal is that it's not fair. It happens to disproportionally affect some demographic groups more than others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@retiredat48 ”2. Turns out, Australia/New Zealand went further than Trump, against the scientists, and halted all flights to their countries.  They have one of the lowest infection rates of anyone.  A friend of mine visiting Australia was trapped for 6 weeks, with halt in flights.

3.  Fauci (and WHO) initially recommended against the usefulness/need for masks.  .... Fauci later said he didn't recommend masks because the USA didn't have them for everyone.  This is disingenuous.  People could make their own masks.”

Re 2: Thailand also closed its borders, and they’re still shut. There have been no flights in or out for months. I couldn’t leave even if I wanted to, and if somehow I did, I couldn’t get back in.

Re: 3: That sounds to me like a lie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@chang wrote:
@retiredat48 wrote:

bilperk posted:

"There seems to be two sides here on this forum;  On side consistently says listen to the health experts and do what they say.  This gives the country the best odds of the quickest recovery from this.  The other side continually communicates doubt about the experts and equates their opinions with the expert's expertise.  One of the few docs to post here gave a complete and definitive explanation of why this drug is not likely to be used by real doctors in client settings.  There needs to be some real, balanced showing through comprehensive studies that the possible rewards are worth the risks.  Until then, our non-expert opinions are worthless about this."

--------------------------------

That’s another puerile, political jab, of course, and utter nonsense. The TDS Left won’t accept any facts that contradict their playbook. Look at the Switzerland chart. Reposting (again):

Switzerland temporarily suspended HCQ treatment between May 27-June 11 in reaction to the Lancet anti-HCQ study, which was proved fraudulent and retracted. Look at the graph below of COVID deaths in Switzerland. The sharp increase in deaths within the gray window is the direct result of that suspension.

Similar suspensions have been reversed in France, Panama and Brazil, and the same patterns are forming.

chang, "the TDS Left" is partisan jab. You should know better. I'm giving you a 24-hour time out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

So it does as other things as well. Doesn't make the use of race appropriate talking about the response in a derogatory way. 

@BearMkt wrote:

One reason the virus has become such a big political deal is that it's not fair. It happens to disproportionally affect some demographic groups more than others.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Fair enough Ryan. So once again, here are the facts:

Switzerland temporarily suspended HCQ treatment between May 27-June 11 in reaction to the Lancet anti-HCQ study, which was proved fraudulent and retracted. Look at the graph below of COVID deaths in Switzerland. The sharp increase in deaths within the gray window is the direct result of that suspension.

Similar suspensions have been reversed in France, Panama and Brazil, and the same patterns are forming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@BearMkt wrote:

Yes, like Africans vs Europeans. Not a single poor African nation has a Covid-19 death rate anywhere approaching those of European or American nations.

The demographic group most affected is wealthier people, not poorer people. 

That's surprising, I think.

N.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Yale Doc Backing HCQ Cites Questionable Data

“Risch authored a Newsweek editorial on July 23 calling on doctors to immediately start treating patients with HCQ.

Risch points readers to his review -- he is the only author -- published in late May in the American Journal of Epidemiology that cites five studies in support of HCQ, particularly when used early in the course of COVID-19.

None are randomized controlled trials. One is the heavily publicized and now discredited French study by Didier Raoult, MD, and colleagues in March that sparked initial hopes for HCQ. Two have no corresponding data or publications.”

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87844

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Why was this posting allowed? Neither the poster nor any of the respondents really have any relevant information. Resorting to Newsweek to publish an article on medicine is itself suspect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Since I have produced several links showing that HCQ is not effective in treating COVID, I will only make two additional comments. Today at the Representatives' hearing Dr. Fauci said for a zillion time that HCQ is not effective. Listen to the doctor!

Those who are looking for a realtime experiment with HCQ should look at Brazil where the use of HCQ is strongly favored by authorities. Their case and death numbers are a sad consequence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Hey Chang,,,, can you post that chart 3 or 4 more times... I think the more you post it the more it convinces everyone.  ADD: @RyanM  Do you fell like a kindergartner teacher yet... you have all these grown ups yelling..... I'm telling on you, I'm telling on you,  No I'm telling on you..., no,  I'm telling on you first. Thank you everyone for the entertainment.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sadly, it's not entertaining. 

It's embarrassing.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I spotted a study that supports Chang's point of view:

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Have not verified the work, so feel free to look more closely if interested.

N.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Happy to oblige, Royal. A picture is worth a thousand words. Interesting that nobody has tried to refute the conclusion. (Note the source of the data is printed on the chart.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I admit... I'm not 100% sure on HCQ for  "early treatment" ... I think late treatment has been ruled out..... early treatment I think still needs study.  ADD: I haven't read any of the studies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I think it could be a good additive to the laundry detergent. But if I had COVID I'd rather tough it out than take this chemical. I've been to New Haven, and to Yale, and spent some formative days at Yale New Haven hospital, but what the heck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Juris2 wrote:

I think it could be a good additive to the laundry detergent. But if I had COVID I'd rather tough it out than take this chemical.

Even if your doctor recommended it?

Highlighted
Participant ○○

That might depend on which doctor recommended it. Dr. Fauci made the case for "not proved" in his testimony today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Your doctor. The one treating you in a hospital. You would override his or her recommendation?
Announcements