cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yahoo Finance Login

For last couple of days, Yahoo Finance Portfolios/Watchlists is requiring multiple logins from Chrome, sometimes during the day. This in spite the click to keep logged in for 2 weeks. Anyone with the same problem?

I turned on the Chrome feature to remember/save passwords but I decline the offers for banks and brokerage sites.

YBB
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Yahoo Finance Login

I can read mail and check my watchlist.  And I didn't have to login.  Did you reboot?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I use FF and did not have the problem. I have the app in my Android phone. It worked during the day time. I just logged in my computer using Chrome and the code in my phone. I did not have any problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any problems.  Yahoo is my email + portfolios + using Chrome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I logged out of Chrome and went back now to Chrome again. It logged in automatically and worked for Yahoo Finance like a charm.

I have problem reading some news items in TNN but I have no problem in reading the same new item using Chrome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Problem persists. Basically, after a while, I am logged off from Yahoo Finance Portfolios/Watchlists and Yahoo Mail. 

Did the usual: Reboot; cache cleaning. But no change.

On search I think that I found what may be causing the problem.

Years ago, I got AT&T via Yahoo, or Yahoo via AT&T. Those were happy times for AT&T and Yahoo. My AT&T and Yahoo sign in is via email xxxxx@sbcglobal.net '

But a few years ago, VZ bought Yahoo (portions), not T.

I have followed whatever I have been asked to do so far - upgrades etc. I haven't received any new notice and this problem of repeated logins appeared just a few days ago. I first thought that they may have hired some IT people from M* (-:)

I think there is some new tinkering going on at corporate levels [T, VZ].

I cannot login directly to Yahoo. On login to Yahoo, I am just taken to AT&T login page that lands on Currently from AT&T|YahooPage URLs shown are currently.att.yahoo.com|finance.yahoo.com .

If I do a brand new signup for Yahoo from a different email [that doesn't have @sbcglobal.net domain], I may lose my current Yahoo Finance portfolios/Watchlists. I have printed them just in case I have to do that. Until then, I just use stored credentials in Chrome browser to re-log again and again.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Yogi, I think you are onto it.  I recall being able to import portfolios.  I export mine to a .csv all the time.  I am not sure about watchlists.  But unless you did something real complicated, it sounds by using a new email, you’ll be OK.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My Yahoo Finance repeated login problem has suddenly disappeared - nothing that I changed.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Yep, mine too.  I use yahoo mail in addition to finance, so it was really madening.  Mine got cured yesterday, today I was shocked to find I'm on a 2 day streak.

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.