cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

We are still growing in spite of the pandemic

The maker of Hoover, Dirt Devil and Oreck vacuum cleaners is expanding its Cookeville, Tennessee plant and adding 500 more jobs over the next five years.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/business/aroundregion/story/2020/jun/29/business-briefs/526486/

Each job creates a few more jobs. Keeps growing.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: We are still growing in spite of the pandemic

This must be great news for Cookeville TN. With all the unemployment and possible lost jobs, such news would be most welcome. I hope new jobs will become available all over this nation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Wow. That's sooper news. Another 342 years at that pace and we'll back to being great again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@pudman wrote:

Wow. That's sooper news. Another 342 years at that pace and we'll back to being great again.

You have to look at the positive side. I have known this place for almost 40 years. It was a town of 5k people. The university was the only major employer. The population has increased to more than 36k. We have an industrial park. Several new employers. The property taxes remained the same for 20 years because of the increased tax base. The demographic has changed so much in 40 years. Because of the increased population, the service industry has grown.

I can go on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@pudman wrote:

Give it a rest, @pudman  I grow weary of your shtick. 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Congrats to your town's good fortune.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am glad Cookeville will see some good news but the numbers, in general, are quite daunting. The Federal Reserve Bank of NY estimates a 2020-Q2 growth of -16.3% (June 26 data) LINK  and for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta the 2020-Q2 growth number is -39.5 LINK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@RyanM wrote:

@pudman wrote:

Give it a rest, @pudman  I grow weary of your shtick. 

Step up to the plate, moderator.  Give him/her a 72 hour timeout!  8-))

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Ryan, you're right. That was petty and unfair.

ECEPROF, I'm sorry. Sarcasm shelved.

Announcements