cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
bigsteve
Explorer ○○○

Walked past M*Star office in Chicago on Saturday

Solved or there is a best answer. Go to solution.

Fascinating topic, I know.  I made a trip down to Chicago on Sat., and walked around some of the downtown area with wife and one daughter.  It was a really crummy, chilly, windy, on and off rain day.  Anyway we crossed a street and I saw a big "eye" logo on the side of a bldg.  Assumed it was a CBS affiliate station.  But a few more steps down the sidewalk was "Morningstar"  across a street level plate glass window.  Not real obvious. Then I think I saw it on the door also.  Inside the lobby was a security guard dutifully watching the security monitor screens (I assume.  Maybe he was watching YouTube or something).  Anyway, totally by chance I have now seen the the HQ of the iconic M*Star.  Until I saw it I'd forgotten that it was even located in Chi-town.

Still think the eye logo denoted CBS, so I guess their Chicago station is in that bldg somewhere.  Saw no other sign, at least on that street, that would indicate a TV station there. 

Just thought I'd share in-between chores at home (no pt time job today)

2 Accepted Solutions or Best Answers

Accepted Solutions
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

Re: Walked past M*Star office in Chicago on Saturday

M* on Google Maps.

There is indeed WBBM TV, CBS Channet 2 nearby.

YBB

View solution in original post

bigsteve
Explorer ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

M* on Google Maps.

Good job.  Guess the M*Star name was on a wall and not a glass window.  That is def the lobby I peeked into.  Walking on the sidewalk and on that side of the street, the sign doesn't exactly jump out at you.  If you pan to the left on that Google street view, you can see that CBS logo.  I suppose the local affiliate IS in that bldg, on the corner.

8 Replies
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

M* on Google Maps.

There is indeed WBBM TV, CBS Channet 2 nearby.

YBB

bigsteve
Explorer ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

M* on Google Maps.

Good job.  Guess the M*Star name was on a wall and not a glass window.  That is def the lobby I peeked into.  Walking on the sidewalk and on that side of the street, the sign doesn't exactly jump out at you.  If you pan to the left on that Google street view, you can see that CBS logo.  I suppose the local affiliate IS in that bldg, on the corner.

yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

My questions are: (i) Why isn't the M* logo red? Never seen a black M* logo, (ii) Do those bikes belong to poor M* employees who bike from suburbs to Downtown because they cannot afford cars? Or, they may belong to rich M* Downtowners. (-:)

YBB
0 Kudos
bigsteve
Explorer ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

My questions are: (i) Why isn't the M* logo red? Never seen a black M* logo, (ii) Do those bikes belong to poor M* employees who bike from suburbs to Downtown because they cannot afford cars? Or, they may belong to rich M* Downtowners. (-:)

All valid questions  ;-)))

0 Kudos
ECEPROF
Participant ○

@yogibearbull wrote:

I do not know if they are M* employees who use bikes there. But, I do know that a lot of people walk as well as use bikes in the area. Most of them must be living in the area in various buildings. My son and daughter-in-law walk to their offices because they are only six blocks away. That is a big menace for me because I drive around there to take my grand children to schools in the morning and bring them back in the evening during the heavy traffic time along with these problems because we have to wait for these guys to pass before I can take a turn. I do not miss this job now but my wife and I do miss the children.

There are two more issues during these times:

1. Double parked delivery trucks during these times. They also do their jobs during these times. Besides, they park their big trucks at the corner because they occupy the block. Another menace. There is a big post office on Ohio street between Clark and Dearborn. The delivery trucks of the post office are also parked on two lanes, including the turning lane. This is another problem.

2. People who walk also use their cell phones with a headset. They either talk or listen to music. They take their own sweet time to cross the streets. You can only make turn when the red signal comes. I paid a $100 ticket a few days ago due to such a problem using my credit card from Cookeville. The ticket had come to Cookeville by mail with the photo of my vehicle and the signal where it occurred. Chicago must have a law prohibiting the use of cell phone when people are on the street.

I can go on and on with the problems there. Enough said.

0 Kudos
sugarhill6
Explorer ○○

Wow.  The "Northern Lights" are going to blow your mind then.   ;)

@bigsteve wrote:

Fascinating topic, I know.  I made a trip down to Chicago on Sat., and walked around some of the downtown area with wife and one daughter.  It was a really crummy, chilly, windy, on and off rain day.  Anyway we crossed a street and I saw a big "eye" logo on the side of a bldg.  Assumed it was a CBS affiliate station.  But a few more steps down the sidewalk was "Morningstar"  across a street level plate glass window.  Not real obvious. Then I think I saw it on the door also.  Inside the lobby was a security guard dutifully watching the security monitor screens (I assume.  Maybe he was watching YouTube or something).  Anyway, totally by chance I have now seen the the HQ of the iconic M*Star.  Until I saw it I'd forgotten that it was even located in Chi-town.

Still think the eye logo denoted CBS, so I guess their Chicago station is in that bldg somewhere.  Saw no other sign, at least on that street, that would indicate a TV station there. 

Just thought I'd share in-between chores at home (no pt time job today)

0 Kudos
bigsteve
Explorer ○○○

@sugarhill6 wrote:

Wow.  The "Northern Lights" are going to blow your mind then.   ;)

Probably.  I was just surprised to stumble upon their office while meandering downtown., and having forgotten M* was based there.

Don't know when I'll get there again, but please advise where in Chicago are these Northern Lights of which you speak?   :-O

0 Kudos
micmaz99
Follower ○○

The bikes are Divy, Chicago's ride share program.

https://www.divvybikes.com/

CBS is in the same building but opposite side, and across the street from CBS is the Chicago Picasso statue.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/WBBM-TV+CBS+Channel+2/@41.8833596,-87.629177,102m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m...

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in