cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trickle up, anyone?

Works for me. Since there are 128M US households It’s a no brainer that I will get one. I will watch my equities go up as I wait for my check with POTUS signature to arrive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@seh1981 wrote:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mark-cuban-says-families-should-get-1000-in-stimulus-checks-every-...

Thoughts?

Nothing more than Universal Basic Income, wrapped in virus wallpaper.

Problem:

“The only thing that will save businesses is consumer demand,” he wrote in a series of tweets Sunday. “No amount of loans to businesses will save them or jobs if their customers aren’t buying.”

Solution:

"an interim spending stimulus program should be put in place in which 128 million households get a $1,000 check every two weeks for the next two months, along with the rule that it must be spent within 10 days."

Not sure how the government will decide that the $1,000 I spend for basic living expenses came from the stimulus or my Social Security check!  After all, money is fungible.

Original Issue:

Job creation

Solution:

To do that, he explained, we have to have a transitional jobs program that trains and hires millions of people for a federal tracking/tracing/testing program, along with support for at-risk populations.

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Thanks for the response Intruder.

So you believe it's good for your personal economy. What about the broader economy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I must have missed something.  State unemployment + $600 per week beats $1,000 every two weeks unless we have a new math system I've never heard of.   New math must be part of the Money Monetary Theory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@seh1981 wrote:

Thanks for the response Intruder.

So you believe it's good for your personal economy. What about the broader economy?

I would spend Cubans gift on tech goodies to update my home entertainment system and a new laptop so I can take tax courses online to reduce my income tax. All of my stimulus payments will be plowed Back into the economy to make it grow. I will also help my son buy a new car.

What are your plans to revive the economy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Me too. I can hardly wait.

I just love how the rich folk sit around and think of things to help us po' folk. All the while I assume he schemes to reduce his taxes. I have a feeling he may be needing that money himself if fans do not return soon.

@Intruder wrote:

Works for me. Since there are 128M US households It’s a no brainer that I will get one. I will watch my equities go up as I wait for my check with POTUS signature to arrive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Gary1952 wrote:

Me too. I can hardly wait.

@Intruder wrote:

Lest I be misunderstood, I'll take that $1,000 and buy goods and services to survive, but I'll then take $1,000 of my pension and deposit it in my portfolio.

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Do we need to save our receipts for submittal? 

Say we all have more money via this stimulus. What small companies are going to benefit from our spending while they are basically shut down and we are limited to online shopping? Last I heard reopening is being talked about but not much follow through as of yet, but I haven't followed it that closely. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I don't think it is a good idea. Any checks should be given to those out of work who need them to cover bills. People with jobs and retired persons on a fixed income usually do not need them unless they have a low income and have basic needs. Problem is, many who do not need the cash will hang onto it. Use the unemployment data and send checks to those out of work.

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.