cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Re: Thoughts on the virus...

Oh fer cryin' out loud Norbert.  I mean, good Lord. Going back and editing and changing your previous posts in response to mine to fit your ever changing "narrative"? Seriously? Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pudman wrote:

Oh fer cryin' out loud Norbert.  I mean, good Lord. Going back and editing and changing your previous posts in response to mine to fit your ever changing "narrative"? Seriously? Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. 

Yep, I have been a victim of that also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

You guys remind me of a flock of ducks nibbling on crusts of bread... 

If we look at the data, I suspect that there IS "a CORRELATION between HC coverage and did better as regards the pandemic".  Not a definitive CAUSATIVE relationship.  As such, a single, or small group of discrepancies is insufficient to invalidate the premise.

There are almost CERTAINLY other factors involved; that's why a correlation is non-definitive as regards causation.

What goes on in one nation probably has no relevance to events anywhere else - multiple confounding effects.

You can make your points WITHOUT being snarky, provocative, or exaggerating/misrepresenting others' positions.

Why is it SO-o-o hard to engage in a meaningful discussion here?  We kind of need to get some kind of evaluation process underway to address real concerns that does not degenerate into pointless arguments or partisanship.  Does ANYONE feel this has all gone 'well'?  That there was no better approach to take at ANY point? We don't have to all agree, but at least an honest meeting of the minds should occur!  Paraphrasing, Fred had the right question: What would you have done differently and why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Going back to the real subject, there are two important new news items on this subject.

1. According to Gates, who talks to Dr. Fauci regularly, Dr. Fauci is "allowed to tell the truth on some days." I assume and believe that his "wrong assumptions" back in Feb.-March could be due to this fact because he was not allowed to tell the truth and panic American people.

2. Quote from USA Today

Fauci: 'Diversity of response' from states hurt efforts to contain coronavirus.

This is what I have been saying because some governors (clowns) are not doing the job right by not following the recommendations of the federal task force. The gov. of Tenn. shot back on Dr. Birix's recommendation right in her face during the news conference in Nashville a few days ago. Now, even the mountain people in Spencer, TN (a very small town) have to use the masks because in less than a three week period, the number of infected people increased four fold ( 7 to 29). So, the mayor is worried and wants people to wear masks when the people visit county buildings. This was in the local news yesterday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not suspending anyone, but I'm locking this thread and considering it a strong argument in favor of disallowing COVID-19 to be discussed on this community.

Announcements