cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Scrolling at Vanguard using Chrome isn't working.

In the last 2(maybe more) weeks I have noticed that I can't scroll down using Chrome/Brave.  Example VFIAX(link).  I can do it using FF and why I still keep FF which is different for such cases.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: Scrolling at Vanguard using Chrome isn't working.

That's a real bother. I also use Firefox, which (to me) is more adaptable to different webpage setups. Sometimes I even use Safari.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

No problem scrolling Vanguard page with Chrome. Try resizing the screen to make scrolling strip visible. Or, switch to full screen and then to smaller screen. But this shouldn't matter for using scrolling wheel.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I  experience a scrolling problem at CNBC, and refreshing helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

We abandoned Chrome a couple of years ago. Too bulky and slow and awfully invasive. Switched to FireFox and have not had any problems. Plus FF does not pride itself on its invasiveness.

BruceM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@yogibearbull wrote:

No problem scrolling Vanguard page with Chrome. Try resizing the screen to make scrolling strip visible. Or, switch to full screen and then to smaller screen. But this shouldn't matter for using scrolling wheel.

Good ideas but didn't work.  I reset setting (under additional setting) and it worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FD1001 wrote:

@yogibearbull wrote:

Good ideas but didn't work.  I reset setting (under additional setting) and it worked.

Resetting makes Chrome default browser. So, something may be conflicting in Chrome and Brave.   https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

What changes when you restore your settings 

On your Chrome profile, the following settings will change to the default on all devices where you're signed in: 

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

YBB, found it.  The reset setting disable all extensions.

I have 2 Extentions in Chrome Ublock + Grammarly. I removed Grammarly from Chrome and scrolling for Vanguard worked.  I can look at another one but it's strange that only Vanguard site isn't scrolling

In Brave, I don't need Ublock so I disable both and it worked.

Grammarly is better than Chrome spelling.  If it's not good enough I will look for another speller

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I’m getting ready to try Firefox again.  Just occasionally my PC will get slow.  I open task manager and notice some chrome thread is eating 25% of my processor.  And I only have 5 or 6 tabs open but chrome has 20 or so threads running. Long ago, I researched why that was happening, understood it, but now I don’t care anymore.  I have become an end user....gads.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

It works for everybody other than FD.  As he doesn't like any Vanguard funds, they disabled scrolling for FD so he can't find neither Sharpe nor Sortino...  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@kzug wrote:

It works for everybody other than FD.  As he doesn't like any Vanguard funds, they disabled scrolling for FD so he can't find neither Sharpe nor Sortino...  

It all works now, and I was always able to scroll with FF. Sharpe and Sortino are available on M* for 3-5-10-15 years which is nice in one place.  For other dates I use PortVis. 

I start using LanguageTool extension and so far it looks better than Grammarly and it works with VG site.

"he doesn't like any Vanguard funds" wrong again.  VG has good funds for most investors and especially for holding long term and I posted about it many times but it doesn't mean you should only invest in VG funds and disregard other companies. For my trading style and the way I invest (bond OEFs in Multi + NonTrad + HY Muni) VG isn't the answer.  It's amazing how posters continue making up stuff and not the first time. 

0 Kudos
Announcements