cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

RhythmMethod Live Stream on Monday 4PM ET

Greetings, On Monday 4PM ET I’ll be live-streaming on behalf of the Kennedy Center from my home studio with my lovely collaborator. Our project is called Dong-Xi. Chao will open the program for about 15 minutes performing on yangqin (hammered dulcimer) and I’ll join her for about 45 minutes. We were just awarded “Best World Music” artist from (WAMA) Washington Area Music Association. We are nominated for a Helen Hayes Award for “Outstanding Sound Design” announced next week. I have previously won the WAMA award 5 times and have been nominated for the Helen Hayes Award seven times and awarded three. I’ll be performing on instruments collected from my world travels on behalf of the U.S. Dept. of State funded by eight Fulbright-Hayes Awards.

IC181636.jpg

The streams are free and links below:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=323903335420357&extid=QIYTLTBWZMuWfbcv

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfbFEbzklM

Tune in for a LIVE #ArtsAcrossAmerica performance! 🎤💻🎶 Arts Across America is brought to you by Facebook. Presented as part of Arts Across America-a live per...
16 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: RhythmMethod Live Stream on Monday 4PM EST

That's fanfriggin'tastic! I'll try to listen.Get your groove on and break the airwaves.

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Very cool!  Look forward to it.  Enjoy!

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Tune in for a LIVE #ArtsAcrossAmerica performance! 🎤💻🎶 Arts Across America is brought to you by Facebook. Presented as part of Arts Across America-a live per...
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Loving it!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the reminder!  Memory's shot...

Her technique is phenomenal; such economy of motion and effort!  Very cool to be able to put a face to RhythmMethod!  Nice job, guys!

Highlighted
Participant ○○

That was awesome.  Thank you!!

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: RhythmMethod Live Stream on Monday 4PM ET

@rhythmmethod,

Really enjoyed it!!

Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Kudo's RM!!!

R48

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Very nice.  Thank you RM.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Very interesting and enjoyable!!  I have always been fascinated with drums, and took lessons and performed as a percussionist over a period of about twenty years, many years ago.  Question:  What is the drum you held on your knee called?  You hit not only the head, but also the side of it from time to time.  Also, it seemed to make a noise when you moved your knee downward and stomped your foot on the floor.  I think its the drum you are holding in the advertisement for your performance.  Really liked the sounds you got out of it.

Highlighted
Participant ○

"Summer Lotus" ...

Impeccable playing, beautiful sounds. Thank you!

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

RM,

I will second what Racqueteer said.

I set a reminder in Youtube but unfortunately I was not on wifi at that time so the streaming did not work.  I listened to the recording last night.  What a treat.

Thank you for sharing.

A

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@OpenMind wrote:

Very interesting and enjoyable!!  I have always been fascinated with drums, and took lessons and performed as a percussionist over a period of about twenty years, many years ago.  Question:  What is the drum you held on your knee called?  You hit not only the head, but also the side of it from time to time.  Also, it seemed to make a noise when you moved your knee downward and stomped your foot on the floor.  I think its the drum you are holding in the advertisement for your performance.  Really liked the sounds you got out of it.

@OpenMind Hey, Thanks for your interest. The drum you referenced is a rather new invention. It’s a frame drum that has shot (like big BBs) inside. When one plays it the larger velocity hits trigger the movement of the shot. Also,when I tap on the side, or move my leg it does the same thing. It creates a sound rather like the Daff used in Sufi trance music. The finger snaps are a technique from ancient Mesopotamia. I’m really trying hard to promote Chao in these presentations as she is a young very gifted musician. I’ve been lucky with how music has provided me. Stay well!

Please enjoy this video combining the beatutiful custon bodhran by Cooperman combined with the Valter Shake-Plate. These two innovative companies are expandi...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@rhythmmethod Thanks for your reply.  Really like the sounds you get out of that.

Highlighted
Follower ○○

The hour sped by - the two of you make beautiful music together.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

This is reallly a treat! Nice change from the market and macroeconomics. 

Announcements