Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Pro Football Talk

Week 1 is halfway through. 

Laugh, cry, rant, gloat. 

Can Mitch lead the Bears in his third year? 

Will Patriots embrace Cam and enjoy the post-Brady years?

Is anyone actually watching?

GLTA

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Pro Football Talk

I listened to Seattle stomp the Falcons as we've no TV in the savage wilderness. It sounded like they might be ready for a somewhat strange season to come.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@astrokng wrote:

GLTA

No.  Well, maybe some, but Covid-19 and protests have definitely taken the shine off the sport.  They are free to kneel during the national anthem and I am free to turn off the television.  I think Baker Mayfield was right to change his mind.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/09/12/browns-baker-mayfield-wont-kneel-nationa...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

@Mustang wrote:

@astrokng wrote:

GLTA

No.  Well, maybe some, but Covid-19 and protests have definitely taken the shine off the sport.  They are free to kneel during the national anthem and I am free to turn off the television.  I think Baker Mayfield was right to change his mind.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/09/12/browns-baker-mayfield-wont-kneel-nationa...

Yep. I watched maybe 10 minutes of Thursday's game, couldn't take any more.

I'm a Bills' fan (or was) so I tuned into the pregame today, then shortly before kickoff some dame comes on and starts preaching left-wing anti-American politics -- so between that and the political messages on the helmets, I shut it off.

Don't know if the Bills won or lost, and don't care.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I watch Red Zone, so I see all the scoring and none of the commercials.  If the Patriots are playing, I flipped back and forth depending on the action.  

Felt bad for the Detroit Lions fans.  What a bad beat.  How Chicago got up in the game was a combination of extremely bad luck and brain farts by their quarterback.  EVEN THEN, in the last minute of play, they have a wide-open receiver in the end zone who dropped a ball your grandma would catch.  Woof. 

ctyankee  

Highlighted
Contributor ○

I boycotted as much as I could, but I did watch a few highlights. Saw that pass in the end zone that the receiver dropped. He needs to be cut today. Or Stafford needs to retire and say enough. That was ugly. 

Given the amount of smoke in the air here, my outdoor activities were very limited last weekend. If it's better next weekend, maybe I won't feel so compelled to watch NFL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Yankee,

I am one of those wretched Lions fans. It was typically predictable and unbearable. We are habitual masochists.

On the other hand (in a different game), I was very impressed by Joe Burrow's first game in the NFL--by his poise and touch passing and by his recovery from a fourth quarter bonehead play. He got Cincy where they needed to be and then enter the kicker...

Ouch.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Week Two started with a good game between Browns and Bengals. Baker Mayfield put critics in corner for at least a couple of weeks with his passes and coaches managed to pound the ball with great running game. Another great RB out of the SEC. 

Borrow also looked good. Sad about the offensive line. I like Joe and hope he doesn't get hurt or skittish with the punishment he will endure this year. Cincy better draft some better protection for their franchise QB.

Now, onto Sunday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'm still boycotting the entire thing.  The Steelers putting a drive by shooter's name on their helmets is too much.  Doesn't anyone check out who they are supporting? Alejandro Villanueva and now Maurkice Pouncey are doing the right thing.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@astrokng wrote:

Week Two started with a good game between Browns and Bengals. Baker Mayfield put critics in corner for at least a couple of weeks with his passes and coaches managed to pound the ball with great running game. Another great RB out of the SEC. 

Borrow also looked good. Sad about the offensive line. I like Joe and hope he doesn't get hurt or skittish with the punishment he will endure this year. Cincy better draft some better protection for their franchise QB.

Now, onto Sunday. 

@astrokng 

I was thinking the exact same thing.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pudman wrote:

I listened to Seattle stomp the Falcons as we've no TV in the savage wilderness. It sounded like they might be ready for a somewhat strange season to come.

I think the Falcons had an off day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Looks like Ryan and Co. is handling the Cowboys pretty well. Going up 20-0 first quarter will do that. Think the Cowboys shouldn't have had fried chicken for the pre-game meal judging by their fumbling. Gettin' all beered up for Seahawks vs CamPats in a couple of hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

How about those Falcons. 

Yes, they really beat up those Cowboys. Scored 39 points on that vaulted Cowboys D. 

Oh wait, the Boys scored 40? Recovered an on-side kick? Winning FG with no time left? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

astro, HAR! Amazing. I feel for the Falcons but man, that is some comeback. I think we play the Cowboys next week. Hope they don't do that to us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Great game! KC wins after trailing first half with 20-20 overtime, FG, two 50+ yard kicks!

LAC played a good game, 20 to 23 Chiefs.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

I'm starting to hope that the NFL, with its resources, can pull off a CoVid season even after the next inevitable next wave hits and crests. Still think college will collapse for obvious reasons but maybe the pros can pull it off.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pudman wrote:

I'm starting to hope that the NFL, with its resources, can pull off a CoVid season even after the next inevitable next wave hits and crests. Still think college will collapse for obvious reasons but maybe the pros can pull it off.  

Yes, I hope so. It would be a hard fall season without the NFL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Apparently Coach Pete has decided to RELEASE THE KRAKEN (aka Russ Wilson). Should be a helluva shootout vs the Cowboys next week.

0 Kudos
Announcements