cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered...

Certainly very concerning.

"Findings  In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768916

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered...

Thanks for posting this, I think.  These sentences from the body of the report make me want to avoid catching the virus more than ever:

Unlike these previous studies, our findings reveal that significant cardiac involvement occurs independently of the severity of original presentation and persists beyond the period of acute presentation, with no significant trend toward reduction of imaging or serological findings during the recovery period. Our findings may provide an indication of potentially considerable burden of inflammatory disease in large and growing parts of the population and urgently require confirmation in a larger cohort. Although the long-term health effects of these findings cannot yet be determined, several of the abnormalities described have been previously related to worse outcome in inflammatory cardiomyopathies.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered...

I forget who said it, but some doctor or scientist said that because of all of the multi-organ involvement, except for the fact he would have his scientist bona fides revoked if he did, he would call Covid-19 an evil disease.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have been a diabetic for 3 decades and I have survived with meds and excercise. In fact, after I started with tread mill, my A1C went so low, my PCP warned me of low blood sugar that could also kill me. Then, I had a heart attack and they put a stent now. I still run the same and does not bother me except that I have to take one Plavix tablet a day. In fact, my wife is worried that I may die in the tread mill one day because the sweat that she sees. So, people do not die because of these diseases but live normal life. But, the virus makes these conditions worse in a few days even before the doctors can find the reason. COVID-19, as the doctor said (another doctor in Nashville also said the same thing in a TV interview on Friday) is an evil. So, blaming all these causes for the virus deaths is just another distraction. 

Add: Keep asprin with you. It could save your life. My wife gave two asprins and the clinic stabilized me in a hour. They identified the clog some 18 hours later and put a stent.

Ryan: Note this. This is also a thread on COVID. Put a stop to this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for article, Hootz.

R48

0 Kudos
Announcements