cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Off-Topic is not a free-for-all

When I was setting up the Investing Forums on this new platform, I heard loud and clear from you that you wanted a place to discuss things that fall outside of the realm of investing. In this area we've had discussions about cars, football, even pizza chains. However, there are boundaries even here. Per the community terms of service, members are not to post content of a political nature.

You might ask, "But isn't investing inextricably intertwined with political issues?"

It certainly is. However, it is difficult if not impossible for people to discuss political matters online without the conversation devolving into partisan bickering and name-calling, and some of the topics I've seen just in the last few days bear this out.

If you see posts or comments that violate our guidelines, please feel free to report the content as inappropriate and it will be reviewed. If you feel compelled to discuss political issues on the Internet, there are countless other spaces where you can do so. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

-RyanM

2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Off-Topic is not a free-for-all

@RyanM wrote:

When I was setting up the Investing Forums on this new platform, I heard loud and clear from you that you wanted a place to discuss things that fall outside of the realm of investing. In this area we've had discussions about cars, football, even pizza chains. However, there are boundaries even here. Per the community terms of service, members are not to post content of a political nature.

You might ask, "But isn't investing inextricably intertwined with political issues?"

It certainly is. However, it is difficult if not impossible for people to discuss political matters online without the conversation devolving into partisan bickering and name-calling, and some of the topics I've seen just in the last few days bear this out.

If you see posts or comments that violate our guidelines, please feel free to report the content as inappropriate and it will be reviewed. If you feel compelled to discuss political issues on the Internet, there are countless other spaces where you can do so. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

-RyanM

There are places other than here on Off Topic to discuss cars, football, pizza chains.  Facebook comes to mind.

Nevertheless, we post at the pleasure of M* and you be 'da boss!  8-))

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Off-Topic is not a free-for-all

@ElLobo wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

-RyanM

There are places other than here on Off Topic to discuss cars, football, pizza chains.  Facebook comes to mind.

Nevertheless, we post at the pleasure of M* and you be 'da boss!  8-))

I do not post political posts. I only see confused investors that need some direction added to their life and try to help them. I will try to refrain from helping them. 😇

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.