cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outandabout
Participant ○○○

Re: Let's talk CFB

@vahog83 wrote:

Everyone notices that graduation data is from 2013, right? 

I'm sure there are more current updates if you wish to search, vahog. But the link did provide reason for concern with many schools and their athlete programs. How many student athletes feel that they really don't need a degree when the will be paid as professional athletes? End results most often is no degree, no professional wages and a job at (?).

How did graduation % from past CFB National Championship teams stack up vs Northwestern, Duke, Notre Dame, Penn St, etc?

https://blog.ticketcity.com/college-football/bowl-games/college-football-championship-game-list-of-n...

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Could it be?

LSU over Alabama

Minnesota over Penn St

0 Kudos
Highlighted
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Minnesota giving Penn St all they can handle.  Minnesota has had the weaker schedule, but then the Penn St schedule was hardly tough..........the only two strong opponents were Iowa and Michigan and they were all Penn St could handle to get those wins.

0 Kudos
Capital
Participant ○○○

@outandabout wrote:

Could it be?

LSU over Alabama

Minnesota over Penn St

As I post this #2 has already happened; and, we have just started the 2nd half of the 1st. Looking good right now.

Capital
0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Duke won against Notre Dame last time they played, but unlikely they will do it again.

USC wins..........maybe they will not fire the coach.

0 Kudos
pudman
Explorer ○○○

LSU looked like the real deal. Last 2 Big Games ol' 'bama got crushed (Clemson last January and yesterday). Couldn't happen to a better team. Still skeptical of the Oregon Quackers but they are the PNW's only horse in the race. Allah smile on Minnesota. And Wisconsin.

0 Kudos
BruceM
Participant ○○○

The LSU - Alabama games was the best I've seen in CFB this year. And if they continue playing this year, yes, Oregon would have an awfully tough time, as would most other schools.

Friday's U-Dub win over the Beavs was, at best, uninspiring. Beavs could not get any offense going and the Dawgs, who should have won that game by 10 touchdowns, couldn't do much better. And USC's win over ASU, a better game but still no contenders.

Got tickets to next Saturday's Ducks vs. Wild-Kitties. Should not be a problem for the Ducks, as should the following Saturday game against the Sun Devils not be a problem. Then the final game with the Beavs....that always packs the house at the local pub.

BruceM

0 Kudos
pudman
Explorer ○○○

Leaving for Japan now or else would be going to Apple Cup with buddies although it will be, to put it mildly, disappointing for all concerned, given the expectations at beginning of season. The Irish will be lucky to get into a minor major bowl.

0 Kudos
sugarhill6
Explorer ○○

Not quite sure I was impressed with the LSU win like many others.   Alabama had a myriad of turnovers and stupid penalties, that on paper, should have led to an LSU blowout.   This is not to mention a rusty Tua coming off of surgery, historic games by Burrows and LSU's running back, and some miraculous runs and catches by LSU players.   YET.....Alabama was still in the game.  

Both teams have suspect defenses.   I think Alabama wins with a healthy Tua.   I see Georgia as the eventual SEC champion.  

Ohio State still the most complete/consistent team even minus Chase Young.      

MY TOP 5 RANKINGS BASED ON WHAT I SEE:   

1. Ohio State
  2. Alabama (assuming healthy TUA)
  3. LSU
  4. Clemson
  5.  Georgia   

MY FORECAST ON WHO WILL BE IN THE CFP (TOP 4) :   

1. Ohio State
  2. Clemson
  3. Georgia (SEC Champs)
  4. LSU
  5.  Alabama   

Not a lot separating the top 5, but the top 5 are far and ahead of everyone else.  Still lots of football left.   

0 Kudos
NoFriends1
Explorer ○○○

C.F. Colleagues:

Sometimes, as Socrates taught us 2400 years ago, it is necessary to act the Gadfly and needle and poke the Hubris of the all-mighty Powerful Pantheon of the Ohio State's, the LSU's, the Clemson's, the Alabama's, etc.

I think it would be just desert's if The Golden Gophers and the Baylor Bears run the table and are in the Championship Game, i.e. for once the Mouse stomping the Elephant!

Signed,

NoFriends1

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Top 25 games: Would be nice to see Bruce's Ducks win.

Minnesota falls

Bama wins, but QB out for the remainder of the year

Notre Dame crushes #23 Navy

West Virginia downs 24  Kan St

Georgia wins a big one against Auburn

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Oklahoma comes back to win.

0 Kudos
BruceM
Participant ○○○

Got home at 2AM after watching Ducks dispense with the Wild Kitties at Autzen. Oregon St Beavs likewise with the Sun Devils although with not quite as much panache. I5 was lively last nite for such a late hour....sort of the antithesis of Intersate 10 in Arizona.

Chip Kelly at UCLA took another one on the chin yesterday after such a good showing the week prior against Colorado. But a 48-3 blowout is not exactly a consummation devoutly to be wished.

So about the only anticipation out in the PAC 12 part of the woods is the likely, but certainly not certain, conferance championship game between Ducks and Utes. It should be good.....assuming the next two games go as planned for both.

BruceM

0 Kudos
pudman
Explorer ○○○

Must admit that I am somewhat surprised at Utah and Oregon both making so far, so well. Think neither would do well in a big game agin LSU Georgia or Clemson but who knows? The winner of their game might make it in. Irish should hope they don't get in only to embarrass themselves again.

0 Kudos
NoFriends1
Explorer ○○○

CF Playoffs:

If both Ohio State and LSU lose once, under what scenario does either Oregon or Utah get in?

If both Ohio State and LSU win out, I can't forsee anyway the Pac-12 gets in unless Oklahoma loses, I don't worry about Georgia, because if LSU wins out, Georgia will have lost a 2nd time.

Thoghts on How the Pac-12 gets in?

Signed,

NoFriends1

0 Kudos
BruceM
Participant ○○○

Yes, if LSU and Ohio St loose (unlikely) and Utes and Ducks win, the winner of the PAC 12 playoff would almost certainly be in the playoffs.

But I agree with @pudman that after watching the likes of Alabama and LSU, these just seem a notch above where the Ducks and Utes are playing.

BruceM

0 Kudos
Win1177
Participant ○○○

Still hoping my Georgia Bulldogs “run the table” from here on out, make it into the playoffs, and get another Championship. I recognize that we’ve got some tough teams to beat (Texas A & M, Ga TECH, LSU, etc.). But, keeping my fingers crossed!

I had the good fortune of going to the last National Championship we won in 1981, senior year at Georgia! My date was my future wife, who I’m still happily married to. 

Win
0 Kudos
NoFriends1
Explorer ○○○

An Informative  and sardonic article a couple of days ago appeared in the local paper here[ The Seattle Times ] postulating that Chris Petersen, coach of my Washington Huskies, may be forced to ' hold his nose ' and sincerely root for the Quackers[ deadly rivals ] and the Utes, if either make the playoffs to win big and   bring respectability back to the Pac-12.

What was it as recently as like two or three years ago or so the Pac-12 was like 1 and 9 in its Bowl Games, w/only the Utes winning?

Apparently, every year recently a higher and higher % of West Coast 5 Star Blue  Chippers, are thumbing there noses at the Pac-12, and either heading east [ The Ohio States] or heading South[ the SEC ].

Why is there such a talent drain, and what can the West Coasters, do about it?

During last years Rose Bowl, the ESPN Guy, said when the Buckeyes were initially crushing the Dawgs, that to play with the big boys, the Huskies must ' just recruit better '. He was forced to temper his remarks when the Huskies came roaring back to make it close, but did his refrain have a ring of truth to it?

What must the Pac-12 do to stop the exodus?

I don't think it is bad coaching, Petersen, Whitingham, Cristobal, the Coaches @ Stanford and Cal, are not nitwits, so why the Exodus?

Comment, Observations, Solutions????

Signed,

NoFriends1

0 Kudos
BruceM
Participant ○○○

"What must the Pac-12 do to stop the exodus?

I don't think it is bad coaching, Petersen, Whitingham, Cristobal, the Coaches @ Stanford and Cal, are not nitwits, so why the Exodus?

Comment, Observations, Solutions????"

A guess...money. Here's why....

I went to the Oregon game with Family at Autzen last Saturday. Game start 7:30. Game over about 11PM, home at 2AM (Eugene to Vancouver)...and that's pacific time. Now, add 3 hours to that for Eastern time, where the large TV/Cable/streaming markets are.

Just a guess.....

BruceM

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in