cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: How's your hair doing?

My hair is growing out but most of it has migrated to my ears and nose in recent years. I have ripped the seam apart on my jeans up to the knee and am sewing in some scraps to make them in to bell bottoms. Hopefully I will find my fringe jacket b4 the weather cools off this fall. Until then, there is plenty of tie dying to be done. 

@Juris2 Our trainer has been sending his clients their workouts on an an app called Truecoach. It has worked well for all concerned.

Highlighted
Participant ○○

Hair problem solved. My wife ordered me a Detroit Tigers baseball cap. It arrived today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

As a child, I had long wavy, slightly curly hair. Well it got cut for years, until now. I am 82 and grey, but that long wavy, curly hair is p------ off my daughters-in law and grand daughters to no end. I must say, it has brought a certain amount of sadistic pleasure to  the "old guy" where those curls are totally wasted. Maybe there is a way to find some humor out of a crisis?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Hair now at collar bone length. Bought a package of three thin plastic headbands to keep hair from face and eyes. Hair still brown due to genetic trait where catalase enzyme controls peroxide production and internal bleaching of hair shaft melanin. Not sure if this impacts CV susceptibility in any way. Do have several hair products bought from salon to tame the mane for time being.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Went for a haircut yesterday but rioters had burned down the barber shop. And this in a town (Winthrop, Washington) of about 400 white folks. Maybe that extended lockdown induced more stress than I thought. Bar was open though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I shaved my head a few years ago, after that not been back to the barber. Love my long locks! lol (:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

It’s time for another haircut.  They opened the shop I go to but, my stylist who must be near 60, is not working yet.  My wife did my last one and it was pretty good.  I will ask for another one this week.   Luckily, I have lots of hair.  I am thankful for my mom’s side of the family.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Went to Costco yesterday. Put on my Ducks hat. Pulled down tight. Looking in the mirror my wife said my hair looks like Bernie Madoff's.

Oh, cringe.......

BruceM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The best looking creatures in our household are the two terriers. After they appeared like huge fluffy clouds, my husband drove over two hours each way to our reputable kennel/breeder and they now appear dog show ready. Humans... not so much. But I am now trying to embrace my grays... there is betting going on whether I’ll stick to it. We’ll see. My hubby thou carries a huge white mane; he knows better than trust me with the scissors.

Announcements