0 Kudos
48 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Herman Cain...

@bilperk wrote:

Dies from COVID-19.

(link)

RIP, cool guy, I used to listen to him on his radio talk show.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

One of the good guys. I would have preferred he take care of himself and not travel around as he was doing. It is a shame.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Vaya con Dios, Herman. Although I didn't agree with his proposed policies he did seem like a decent man. Unfortunately he was in a high risk grouping (older, cancer survivor, black). Apparently they thought he might beat it at first. Too bad, the country could use more decent people. 

Highlighted
Participant ○○

I read he attended the Trump rally in Tulsa then got sick.... he made a mistake if true?  RIP

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@royal4 wrote:

I read he attended the Trump rally in Tulsa then got sick.... he made a mistake if true?  RIP

Yes attended the rally with no mask and came down with it 9 days later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Gary1952 wrote:

One of the good guys. I would have preferred he take care of himself and not travel around as he was doing. It is a shame.

Agreed, sad.  RIP.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Wasn't there some scandal that even surprised his wife and caused him to drop off the presidential campaign?

RIP, all forgiven.

YBB
Highlighted
Contributor ○

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

Wow!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I was stating a fact that is all over the news in support of a previous comment.  And actually, I'm quite well, wearing my mask, social distancing, staying away from large gatherings. and washing my hands.  How about you?

I would report your personal attack, but since you only have 8 posts, I assume a suspension wouldn't really have much effect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

You would think that a self made multi-millionaire, with all his contacts, would have received the best medical care and top notch advice. Must have some health issues, like all of us older folks.

Just saw a JNJ video where Covid DNA was attached to a common cold virus. A vaccine made from that is working well on monkeys exposed to the real Covid. There's more hope.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Nobody blamed Trump or anyone else. He survived very serious cancer several years ago and it is a fact he attended a Trump rally maskless and pooh-poohed it. Doesn't make it any less sad. He was a grown man and actions have consequences. I'm sure he would've agreed. Still sad to lose such a character. Pacem in terris, Herman.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@bilperk wrote:

I was stating a fact that is all over the news in support of a previous comment.  And actually, I'm quite well, wearing my mask, social distancing, staying away from large gatherings. and washing my hands.  How about you?

I would report your personal attack, but since you only have 8 posts, I assume a suspension wouldn't really have much effect.

The post in question has been removed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

I thought the mask’s main purpose is to protect others, not the wearer.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Depends on the narrative.

@chang wrote:

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

@chang @Gary1952 ,

There are masks and there are masks.  N95's, KN95's and surgical masks will protect both the wearer and others around them.  A simple bandana will protect others to a degree, but very little protection to the wearer.  As a multi-millionaire, an effective mask would have been easy to obtain had he wished to.

BTW, I make no claim that he contracted the disease at the rally.  I do think that that type of event broke all the guidelines for safely interacting during COVID; no masks for most, no social distancing, a large gathering, very likely poor ventilation, and so on.  What is fact is that cases surged in Tulsa in the weeks following and secret service, staffers, and reporters who attended the rally also came down with it withing the days following.

If we would only put significant efforts into providing quality masks to the public, we would have a good potential to control this disease until a vaccine is available.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Masks do nothing for the eyes. Wrong narrative.

@bilperk wrote:

@chang wrote:

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

@chang @Gary1952 ,

There are masks and there are masks.  N95's, KN95's and surgical masks will protect both the wearer and others around them.  A simple bandana will protect others to a degree, but very little protection to the wearer.  As a multi-millionaire, an effective mask would have been easy to obtain had he wished to.

BTW, I make no claim that he contracted the disease at the rally.  I do think that that type of event broke all the guidelines for safely interacting during COVID; no masks for most, no social distancing, a large gathering, very likely poor ventilation, and so on.  What is fact is that cases surged in Tulsa in the weeks following and secret service, staffers, and reporters who attended the rally also came down with it withing the days following.

If we would only put significant efforts into providing quality masks to the public, we would have a good potential to control this disease until a vaccine is available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Gary1952 wrote:

Masks do nothing for the eyes. Wrong narrative.

@bilperk wrote:

@chang wrote:

@bilperk wrote:

@royal4 wrote:

@chang @Gary1952 ,

And the eyes are the least likely avenue of transmission according to eye doctors, and others.  But it begs the question if you believe that it can be transmitted that way, why wouldn't you wear a pair of goggles and suggest others do too, rather than continue with the under the radar bias by continually referring to "narrative".  The whole point many of us are making is that there should only be one narrative; the public health narrative as it evolves based on new evidence.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@pudman wrote:

Nobody blamed Trump or anyone else. He survived very serious cancer several years ago and it is a fact he attended a Trump rally maskless and pooh-poohed it. Doesn't make it any less sad. He was a grown man and actions have consequences. I'm sure he would've agreed. Still sad to lose such a character. Pacem in terris, Herman.

I believe it makes it less sad.  It is not as if he did not know what he was doing.  He was at high risk and not only ignored the most prudent precautions, he flaunted it in his picture of him inside the rally - inside with no mask, no distancing and surrounding himself with others doing the same.  He may not have gotten the virus there, but there is no reason to believe he was following precautions elsewhere.  Its one thing to get ill and try to prevent it, its another to welcome it and that's what he did.  What's worse is if he was infected before, he was spreading it.  

My neighbor is a big time Trump supporter.  He is 89 or 90, a veteran.  He and his wife are doing everything by the book.  If they get the virus, that would be sad, but for Cain, as the saying goes down here, my heart bleeds peanut butter for him.

Announcements