cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○

Getting in Touch With Long Lost Friends?

With all this time on my hands, I have been wondering if I should try to contact a couple good friends I had in college.  I haven’t seen them for about 40 years.  Using some of the online tools, I’m fairly certain I could contact them.  And since I still get mailings from our university, I’m pretty sure I could get ahold of them though them.

What do you think?  What should I tell them if I send them an old fashion US mail?  They have all moved to other states so I can’t imagine meeting in person.  

A few year back, a high school friend try to contact me.  I was at a loss of how to handle it.  And then I noticed his obit someplace.  We weren’t close but we’re golfing buddies.  In retrospect, I wish I had replied.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Getting in Touch With Long Lost Friends?

Call them! I am finding after my cross country move last year I need to work at texting some guys to keep in touch. You will probably have a blast catching up. I actually asked my old golf group to keep me on the group texts. 

What do you mean you can't imagine meeting them? Got something better to do?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely if you had regrets and it’s important to you. 

Highlighted
Participant ○

Gary, I meant the couple of friends I would like to reconnect with live across the country.  So I can’t imagine flying out to see them.  But I would like to see them at some point.

I am thinking of sending a US mail with my email and phone to them.  I thought I might say it would be great to reconnect again after all these years.  And I hope I would get back their contact info as a minimum and we could at least chat.  I feel bad because they were the first real friends I ever had and I feel I dropped the ball in keeping in touch as the years passed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Why not make a trip to see them. I would drive because I am not into flying quite yet with COVID. I have made a few cross country trips. I take most of my own food in a cooler and a big can of Lysol spray for the rooms. Maybe they would meet half way.

@gilvkona wrote:

Gary, I meant the couple of friends I would like to reconnect with live across the country.  So I can’t imagine flying out to see them.  But I would like to see them at some point.

I am thinking of sending a US mail with my email and phone to them.  I thought I might say it would be great to reconnect again after all these years.  And I hope I would get back their contact info as a minimum and we could at least chat.  I feel bad because they were the first real friends I ever had and I feel I dropped the ball in keeping in touch as the years passed.

0 Kudos
Announcements