cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
     
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

The only activities we are doing are the top 4 + walking daily with family members and the dog.
 
covid-19.PNG
18 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

I belong to a gym.  During the shutdown, they stopped billing, but now that they can open and have they have started billing.  I don't mind paying if it keeps them open so they are there when this pandemic is over.  But I have to agree with the risk assessment of a gym, its very high.   Working out at home is just not the same. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

No way on gym.

Get a good workout at home.

BUT winter is a concern. 

Looks like we will require a treadmill for awful winter days.

We will deal with it.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10


@GLI2019 wrote:

No way on gym.

Get a good workout at home.

BUT winter is a concern. 

Looks like we will require a treadmill for awful winter days.

We will deal with it.

Bob


FD: Thanks for the chart.

Bob

Get one. It is worth it. We (three of us - except my wife) use it everyday. In fact she can also use it to walk but she works in the kitchen too long to feed us all for most of the day on week days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

Surprised that "Grocery shopping" is Low Risk (3); it really depends on the store and its protection measures.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

Gotta love Texas.

Attending religious service with 500+ worshipers is high risk. 

Begs the question then....If I attend and there's only 100-250 is that moderate risk? I see no other listing for "Attending religious service" on the chart. So religious service goes from zero to high risk when there are 500 attendees. 

Shaking hands with a friend is a moderate/high risk. 

And while we're at it, where's sex on this? Is that a moderate risk if with spouse? But high risk with a friend?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10


@astrokng wrote:

Gotta love Texas.

Attending religious service with 500+ worshipers is high risk. 

Begs the question then....If I attend and there's only 100-250 is that moderate risk? I see no other listing for "Attending religious service" on the chart. So religious service goes from zero to high risk when there are 500 attendees. 

Shaking hands with a friend is a moderate/high risk. 

And while we're at it, where's sex on this? Is that a moderate risk if with spouse? But high risk with a friend?


Just try doing six feet away with a spouse, or a friend if you like.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

I would like to now how going to an open air beach is a higher risk than going to an enclosed grocery store?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

      Scored a total of 32. Say goodnight Gracey. Although we believe there might be a chance my wife had it in February then me. No sense of smell or taste for a month or two with endless sinus congestion. She had flown privately from out west. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

The activity risk table may vary from state to state.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

Through the second week of March, we were going out to eat twice a week. Seen maybe six live shows YTD. We both took a weekly 2 hour exercise classes. Saw NU beat Penn state in basketball, Good old days, 

Now our risk factors are reduced to grocery shopping,  taking walks, and bike riding. The latter is the most risky. On bike paths, you're always passing joggers, walkers, and other bikers.  No take out food at all. I wear gloves when I pump gas. Use hand sanitizer after coming out of a store. I do golf a bit, but I'm either  walking or riding alone, and trying to stay upwind of other golfers.

By the way, that published risk chart was just made up, and has little data behind it. It really should be a log scale. Going to a indoor  concert with 2000 people, that's much higher than whatever they gave it.

.



0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

Nat re treadmill:

It looks like we will get the Sole F63. Gym rats I know say that for our purposes it will do and is quite reliable. 

We already have a nice setup in our finished basement. 

Glad to hear your family is well. 🙏

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

 

Seems the "beach" score really depends on how many others you find on the beach.

BTW my survey showed that our nude beach here in Florida, was quite busy with beachgoers.

Then again, nude beaches had a civil social distancing protocol of six feet or more, even before Covid.

R48

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10


@GLI2019 wrote:

Nat re treadmill:

It looks like we will get the Sole F63. Gym rats I know say that for our purposes it will do and is quite reliable. 

We already have a nice setup in our finished basement. 

Glad to hear your family is well. 🙏

Bob


My son has bought "PRO-FARM." It has fans and music system along with iFIT. They are iPhone people. So, that may be the reason. It has a color screen but we do not use it for TV or anything but only to display speed, miles, slope, time, calories, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

Traveling by plane (7): It also depends on a lot of factors, duration (say longer than two hours would be murder), crowdedness (just you and the pilot would be fine), behavior (say sitting by a person refusing the wear mask), seat arrangement (the plane seating is inherently designed to increase risk). 

Without unusual risk mitigation measures, I would rank it (inherently closed/poorly ventilated space with many tightly-seated uncontrolled passengers for a long-period of time) at "9."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10


@51hh wrote:

Traveling by plane (7): It also depends on a lot of factors, duration (say longer than two hours would be murder), crowdedness (just you and the pilot would be fine), behavior (say sitting by a person refusing the wear mask), seat arrangement (the plane seating is inherently designed to increase risk).  Without unusual risk mitigation measures, I would rank it at "9."


It would be nice if the airlines would reconfigure their seating and only allow the seats to remain that would allow for social distancing (within accepted standards). But that may be a pipe dream, like thinking they could just upgrade us all to business class.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

I already posted this cool photo on our flight back to France last Saturday, but I like it enough to post again. Wish it were always like this. The French crew were terrific, happy to be in the air again after a four month layoff.

IMG_20200704_180819687.jpg

N.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-services/pharmacie-sante/coronavirus-des-tests-rapides-desormais-d...

It's now possible to do self-testing for Covid-19 using a kit available at French pharmacies. The test just takes a few minutes.

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Covid-19 activity risk on a scale of 1 to 10

My wife and I are high risk patients. We stay home. My wife hasn't left the house since this thing started.

I leave the house twice per month. On the same day. To hand in my monthly prescriptions to my socialized medicine pharmacy in the AM and to pick up the meds after lunch.

My wife uses private doctors in our private clinic. Her meds are delivered to the house every month.

0 Kudos
Announcements