cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covad-19 Haircut Stories

@gilvkona wrote:

I had two haircuts from the wife.  The first was pretty good but my hair was so long.  The second was not as good.  I notice my "stylist" is back at work now.  She's got to pushing 60 so I am surprised she is back but I notice she isn't working all the time.  I am considering going there but you know who says my haircut is great.  Could there be jealousy now?  What have I got myself into?  I will have to sneak out and see the other women and it will be evident when I return.  What am I to do?

Hang on. First it's my "stylist" is back at work now (singular, but note the mysterious quotes), then it's I will have to sneak out and see the other women (plural). How many women are we talking about here? I think we don't have all the facts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

Hang on. First it's my "stylist" is back at work now (singular, but note the mysterious quotes), then it's I will have to sneak out and see the other women (plural). How many women are we talking about here? I think we don't have all the facts.

Subconscious is a mysterious and dangerous thing...:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

May be he is using a dictation/speech-text software like RetiredLimoman. 

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

When the community college at which I taught was in session I would always go to the cosmetology dept. and request one of the advanced students to cut my hair. With the faculty discount the bill was a paltry $4.50 which always allowed me to tip the stylist handsomely.  And you know the difference between a good haircut and a bad one?  Two weeks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Judging from the tone of things here at M*, i would post something, but will pass.  The thought police are running the show, with posts deleted and locked one by one.  Lots of posters wont bother to post, or have already left the site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My first covid-19 haircut will be Tuesday.  Looking forward to it.  However, no beard trims--for the time being.

Definitely planning a big tip for the staff.  Great people.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I had my first haircut last Wednesday which was the first day they opened in Michigan.  It is a barber shop that has been around since the 1960's and they are not very technological so the first day was clunky.

Everyone had to wear a mask, and one ear strap was removed to cut around it while holding the mask to the face.  Then the other side was cut.

I might help them with a better system. 

I did not get either of my regular barbers, but I still got a great haircut. I always tip, but this time I left 100%. My thoughts were "it is hazardous work, and their family needs a little extra to bridge the gap"

Holiday

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Nose Hair

My hair has grown out a little , but really nothing that bad.

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Sorry for my typo.  I meant woman not women.  

@marymary:  flowers are a great idea when I go get my haircut out.  In my case, I could also bring back ice cream.  And I might let the wife give me a haircut now and then.  

I want to find out the protocol of the shop.  I have heard you wait in your car and they call you when they are ready for you.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Fishingrod  Please put the camera down and walk away. LOL.

Capital
0 Kudos
Announcements