cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Covad-19 Haircut Stories

Well I have been thinking about this for two weeks; and, this morning before my shower I bit the bullet. I, in no way, have any qualifications to cut anyone's hair, really not even mine; however, sitting here in the afterglow I am thankful that I can still go out in public with my mask on but do not need a cap. I can now once again see my ears although the back was impossible to trim from my vantage point in the bathroom mirror.

Capital
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covad-19 Haircut Stories

Congrats.  That itself is an accomplishment, in both your courage and your appearance afterward.  

I am still in my contemplating mode...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@51hh wrote:

Congrats.  That itself is an accomplishment, in both your courage and your appearance afterward.  

I am still in my contemplating mode...

@51hh  I fully understand. It took me two weeks to finally get to this point; and, to have the inner strength and conviction to charge into this task. It is not a chore for the faint of heart LOL. I used the small scissors that we use to trim our canine friend. The smaller scissors helped with control amid all the shaking in my hands.  The key on the sides is to trim upward - at least that is what worked for me. 

Capital
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well....I have the phone number of my hair stylist......for a 20 spot she performed her duty!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My hair is getting pretty bad.  Called my barber to ask if he was doing any clandestine hair cutting at his shop, or doing folks at his house.  He said no to both, but says he will come to the person's house and cut there, bringing the tools of his trade with him.  I am going to have him come soon, and probably at least double what he normally charges, because I am sure this shutdown is killing him financially, and his wife doesn't work.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

I was a teenager in the 60s.  Who needs a hair cut?  Not me. But it just doesn't look the same nowadays.  The grey doesn't bother me but I think that bald spot throws it off. :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My maid cut my hair last week, and she did a pretty decent job off it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Luckily, I still have full hair at 60..

I got clippers (Wahl), used them all over.  #2 on bottom third of hair, 4 or 6 to blend, and 10 to 12 on top.

Took 20 min, now I look like George Clooney...  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I have cut my own hair for over 15 years and have had a short beard for that period of time...that is until we went into our stay at home mode.  My neighbor and I decided we would not cut our hair or beards until there is a vaccine.  One could call it a Biblical look; I'm starting to look like the David Letterman. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@rumples Juat be aware that facial hair interferes with face masks. I would shave it off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

The joys of losing your hair young.... been cutting mine for 10+ years.... set the ole clippers on 5 and away we go.  Beard and hair once every 3-6 months.  I spend more time shaving my ears dang it.  So you go bald and hair grows out of your ears what's up with that?

Highlighted
Participant ○○

Consider the Remington HC4250 hair-trimmer kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014SG66UO/ .

Because of its small light cordless nature, it was easy to self-use and, with a mirror in the other hand, getting a nice taper on the rear of the head was no problem.  It pays for itself after several uses.  Bonus ... because it's fairly quiet, there are customer reports of its good use on their dogs too!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@youth wrote:

Well....I have the phone number of my hair stylist......for a 20 spot she performed her duty!

Gabe

Okay, got it.  Good for you, I guess.  But did she charge you anything for cutting your hair?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cliff wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Okay, got it.  Good for you, I guess.  But did she charge you anything for cutting your hair?

Hahaha!  Get your mind out of the gutter.

There's not room for both of us down there.  ;-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@cliff wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Well....at my age......age 80?  I am lucky, if I can get out of bed!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about unlucky bond holders.

We have used a Robocut for years. I know, sounds like x-ray glasses from the back of a comic book, but it does a decent job especially for unfussy hair or unfussy people.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Today I finally ventured in for a haircut. I made the appointment on Wednesday. My last real cut had been in February. I has almost forgotten how good it feels to have a haircut. All the horrible hack and hide scars have now been removed. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I had two haircuts from the wife.  The first was pretty good but my hair was so long.  The second was not as good.  I notice my "stylist" is back at work now.  She's got to pushing 60 so I am surprised she is back but I notice she isn't working all the time.  I am considering going there but you know who says my haircut is great.  Could there be jealousy now?  What have I got myself into?  I will have to sneak out and see the other women and it will be evident when I return.  What am I to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Since hairstyle is valuable to any man, I would risk it and pay the price later:) 

Just an input without retribution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

@gilvkona wrote:

I had two haircuts from the wife.  The first was pretty good but my hair was so long.  The second was not as good.  I notice my "stylist" is back at work now.  She's got to pushing 60 so I am surprised she is back but I notice she isn't working all the time.  I am considering going there but you know who says my haircut is great.  Could there be jealousy now?  What have I got myself into?  I will have to sneak out and see the other women and it will be evident when I return.  What am I to do?

Remind her that as wonderful a job as she did on your hair, it's up to all of us to get back to spending on services that run our economy!  Hairstylists need to work too!  And by the way maybe bring your wife a small bouquet back with you as a thank you - how could she be jealous then?

Announcements