22 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: CDC says: Dining out increases the chance of contracting Coronavirus

Don't need to be in the CDC to figure that out

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Breathing increases risk of catching Coronavirus. 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

As far as dining out goes, dining indoors in a crowded environment presents the largest risk.
To minimize the risk during the coronavirus pandemic, I have only eaten outside in uncrowded situations or have taken food to go.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

stock.jpg

subs.jpgpizza.jpg

diana.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Don't know of any restaurants that are not at 50% or less capacity by design. Also not many are going at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I wonder how many million$ this CDC “research“ cost the taxpayers?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

And dining in increases the chances even further. We will never have a normal situation until we have a significant part of the population vaccinated. It will take time and honesty.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Well, duh.

And this is why my spouse and I have not patronized restaurants since the mid-March shut-down.  As much as we miss our local favorites (especially Old Towne in Lemont IL, which closed in August), we don't want to risk getting infected from other patrons.  We have been very disciplined in avoiding nonessential activities.  I guess the silver lining to having to cook for ourselves is that we have greatly expanded our culinary skills and recipe collection.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I dine by phone. Call in the Order, pick it up, eat at home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

5bacff34260000cf0080c2ee.jpeg

Highlighted
Participant ○

As soon as you step out of the house your chances of contracting the virus increase. There's a chart you can Google to see those numbers. The lowest one is a trip to the mail box. We don't dine out but do a lot of take away (subscribed to BritBox). What blows my wife's mind is that we have friends that travel around even internationally like nothing is happening, but I stand put, I wouldn't feel good playing Russian roulette.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Intruder wrote:

I dine by phone. Call in the Order, pick it up, eat at home.

+1 --- We get take out often now. We reduce our chances of exposure as much as possible. When we do something that has an increased exposure we only do so for something  important and necessary.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Poorfolio wrote:

As soon as you step out of the house your chances of contracting the virus increase. There's a chart you can Google to see those numbers. The lowest one is a trip to the mail box. We don't dine out but do a lot of take away (subscribed to BritBox). What blows my wife's mind is that we have friends that travel around even internationally like nothing is happening, but I stand put, I wouldn't feel good playing Russian roulette.

+1. Our son and his wife do not want us to go out of the house even. They only go out for grocery with masks etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Little late to help those 300,000 eat-free-or-die! patriots who attended that Darwin Buffet in Sturgis.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Driving a vehicle increases the risk of death!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Living is the paramount risk for dying, no need to increase it by taking unnecessary risks with the virus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Here is an update. I am not shocked by it. But, since CDC says, I thought that I would post a link to it.

Transmission Dynamics of COVID-19 Outbreaks Associated with Child Care Facilities — Salt Lake City, ...

It is noy just Nursing home but also child care facilities. That is why my son stopped sending his daughters to school and a child care facility in Chicago. They all moved to Cookeville. The older one started her third grade and the younger started her kindergarten this week in two separate rooms using Google Classroom. We have enough space for each one separated in different rooms.

Speaking of children, there is this news. Doctors report rare inflammatory syndrome in a some children with COVID-19.

This news is based on another news that I read a few days ago from Nashville.

Speaking of CDC, you should also know this info. So, do not just trust CDC alone but read other news items reported by independent news outlets to sae your life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I took some cooking classes and as a result I am eating more at home.  Less expensive, taste is much better most of the time and most importantly, it reduces the possibility of contracting the virus.  A win, win!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ECEPROF 

That's why I said we need honesty.

Nobody should kid himself, the virus is still out there and will infect you as soon as you lower your precautions. Besides, there is a big probability that comes the fall things will get worse again.  

0 Kudos
Announcements