cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
outandabout
Participant ○○○

Re: 28000

Bentley, as I've said, I remain neutral. I haven't felt I have ever needed to be fully invested. My financial situation has allowed me to take a step back when I feel the mkts a fully priced.

I don't see why you wish to badger me!

I did relate that my financial advisor offered an opinion, and he had done well with my account over the past decade, but he also addressed my concerns as a conservative investor. He also expressed his concerns about investing at the current level.  He also expected a drawback from current level.

I have full control over my investments and every decision is mine, and mine alone. I have a 1 year return on the upside of 14% thanks to my investments. USMV has been an outstanding investment, as have the individual stocks where I found value.

I have no idea what your issues are with me, Bentley. Others on this thread have expressed their opinion.

Out

ps....if your ego is so big that you need an at-a-boy, then AT-A-BOY!!!

0 Kudos
Bentley
Contributor ○

@outandabout wrote:

Bentley, as I've said, I remain neutral. I haven't felt I have ever needed to be fully invested. My financial situation has allowed me to take a step back when I feel the mkts a fully priced.

I did relate that my financial advisor offered an opinion, and he had done well with my account over the past decade, but he also addressed my concerns as a conservative investor. He also expressed his concerns about investing at the current level.  He also expected a drawback from current level.

I have full control over my investments and every decision is mine, and mine alone. I have a 1 year return on the upside of 14% thanks to my investments. USMV has been an outstanding investment, as have the individual stocks where I found value.

I have no idea what your issues are with me, Bentley. Others on this thread have expressed their opinion.

Out

Outandabout,

In my thread, “Hop aboard............DOW 28,000”, you posted you had discussed my opinion of the DOW heading higher with your financial advisor. You posted his opinion in an attempt to undermine mine and boost yours. You continued posting reasons to justify a market ( DOW ) collapse to 21,100 and backing up your financial advisor's opinion. There is/was nothing wrong or inappropriate with anything you said IMO until you started with the political crap and got the thread locked.

Given your interest in the topic and offering your views and those of your decade-plus financial advisor in the DOW 28,000 thread, I would not call my simple and direct question……….Do you now believe that the market is efficiently priced, or are you still calling for the market to retrench to 21,100?………..badgering.

May I ask why you fired your financial advisor shortly after posting, “My financial advisor did well with my account over the past decade.” Most members wouldn’t fire an advisor who had done very well providing investment advice for over a decade.

@outandabout wrote:

"My financial advisor ............. expects a 10-15% pull back from the current level of near 26,000."

……….."Incidentally, Bentley, we can't remain above Dow 27,000 for any length of time before it unwinds,"

…………"Hopping aboard now may well be foolish in my view from a global standpoint even as we enter a possible bear market. "

"Incidentally, I know longer have an advisor"

PS. If you stop addressing ME by name multiple times in your posting,s I would not feel the need to reply………hint..hint!

BTW.........the DOW is heading higher!

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

WOW???

28,000 should come as no surprise to well-informed investors. Only a few weeks ago I confirmed my opinion of DOW heading to 28,000 despite xxxxxxxxxx telling us his advisor strongly disagreed with me and was predicting a pullback to 21,100............now that was a WOW moment if you ask me..............:))

I would not had bothered posting on this thread if you hadn't invited a response from me.......hint..hint! My only comment was "I'm neutral" ,hardly reason for you to continue a past debate. Let's not draw Ryan into this.

Let it go, Bentley.

0 Kudos
Bentley
Contributor ○

@outandabout wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

WOW???

28,000 should come as no surprise to well-informed investors. Only a few weeks ago I confirmed my opinion of DOW heading to 28,000 despite xxxxxxxxxx telling us his advisor strongly disagreed with me and was predicting a pullback to 21,100............now that was a WOW moment if you ask me..............:))

I would not had bothered posting on this thread if you hadn't invited a response from me.......hint..hint! My only comment was "I'm neutral" ,hardly reason for you to continue a past debate. Let's not draw Ryan into this.

Let it go, Bentley.

I did not invite you to respond, I did not ask you to respond and I certainly did not ask you to discuss my opinion with your financial advisor nor did I insert your name in the post you quoteed. You had my last thread locked by inserting politics. You think we are entering a recession, I disagree. Let's check back New Years day at DOW 28,000 ++++............... :))

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

You most certainly were mocking me, Bentley, with your initial post.  As for DOW 28K...........if it helps my current investments, so be it.

Amen.

0 Kudos
Bentley
Contributor ○

Disagreeing with your attempts to time the market is not mocking you, rather than to point to how silly it is to make market moves based on specific short term pull-back forecasts. I think the market is going higher; you opine that it may be on the verge of recession; these are differences in opinions, and everyone is entitled to their thoughts. I base my belief on earnings and consensus forward-looking earnings over the next couple of years. You appear to rely on feelings and intuition. When I quote you,

@outandabout wrote:

My financial advisor ............. expects a 10-15% pull back from the current level of near 26,000.

………..Incidentally, Bentley, we can't remain above Dow 27,000 for any length of time before it unwinds,

…………"Hopping aboard now may well be foolish in my view from a global standpoint even as we enter a possible bear market."

"Incidentally, I know longer have an advisor"

I do so simply to highlight our different views on the market's direction. If you notice, I have also accurately used your own words. You, on the other hand, repeatedly claimed I had said the DOW was going to 32,000 vs. what I actually said was the S&P was going to 3200 while responding to Trudy's question. Before you got my last thread locked by interjecting politics to a DOW 28,000 post you claimed to have discussed my posts with your financial advisor and posted what he thought about my views on the DOW reaching 28,000; was that mocking me? Of course not!

I find this back and forth is straying a little wide of the topic, so please do not take any failure of mine to respond to your posts, which I deem unrelated to the topic or investment philosophy or strategy, personally.

All the best

Go, Duke,

Go DOW 29,000

0 Kudos
Participant ○○

@outandabout wrote:

Out

Not trying to throw oil on the fire here, but it's actually an "attaboy" or "atta-boy."

Just sayin'.

0 Kudos
ElLobo
Participant ○○○

@arriba wrote:

@outandabout wrote:

Out

Not trying to throw oil on the fire here, but it's actually an "attaboy" or "atta-boy."

Just sayin'.

At-a-boy/girl, arriba, go get 'em!

0 Kudos
Participant ○○

@ElLobo wrote:

Thanks, El. 

Let's just call it "a 'burgh thing" ;-)

0 Kudos
ElLobo
Participant ○○○

@arriba wrote:

@ElLobo wrote:

Thanks, El. 

'Youns' be correct about that!  You  be from around here?

0 Kudos
Participant ○○

@ElLobo wrote:

@arriba wrote:

@ElLobo wrote:

Thanks, El. 

'Youns' be correct about that!  You  be from around here?

El,

I sent you a PM about all that.

0 Kudos
Participant ○○

Back to the whole 28,000, markets at all-time highs thingie....

...makes me wonder what their significant others are saying to posters who have the household ports primarily or wholly invested in bonds this year.

Their significant others may well have seen YTD charts like this while looking at their ports that are up a fraction of these:

Dow:  UP 20%

NASDAQ:  UP 29%

S&P:  UP 24%

Russell:  UP 18%

Thinking the significant others are saying something like one of my favorite lines from The Big Chill:

What's wrong with you?  What happened to you?

The poster's go-to response: 

But honey, just look at our risk-adjusted TRs!

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in