cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Vanguard Possible incorrect Change on June 22, 2020

I am concerned over the Dividend Growth and Wellesley closing numbers ------June 22, 2020.  Wellesley was down -12 and the Dividend Growth Fund was up +3.  The Market was up significantly.  Any thoughts?

Gabe

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Vanguard Possible incorrect Change on June 22, 2020

Growth was up but value lagged. This is not an error.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

Growth was up but value lagged. This is not an error.

Checked with Vanguard and the associate stated that there was no pricing error.  However, he stated that on Friday there was an error on the Wellesley Fund but it was corrected today.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

One reason could be:

This is the time of quarterly distributions. So, the unit price could be different even for ETFs following the indices because the distributions come out of the funds, and therefore, the unit price securities show lower values in Vanguard website compared to the values shown in Yahoo Finance. So, I checked with my Rep once some years before, and he explained why such an error is there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

"Any thoughts?"

Yes.

I'm a longtime shareholder of VWIAX.

Does the day's price make any difference in your life?

Bob

P.S. Vanguard has posted June distribution information at its homepage.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yup, VWINX/VWIAX June distribution on 6/25/20.

Don't know [didn't notice] what happened last Friday.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

I have to add something that I forgot in my previous post. Yahoo Finance changes the unit price and when I check early next morning, it will be the same as in the Vanguard Website. It is just delayed and it might change the values around mid night.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yahoo Finance has most mutual fund price updates by 6:00-7:00 pm Eastern. It is often earlier than that at M*, Stockcharts and fund websites.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Thank you all.....I do remember about a year ago, Vanguard had the incorrect price change and it later was corrected by Vanguard.  The associate I had spoke to verified such.  Nothing wrong about checking my concern.  Is there?

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

In further review, I do not feel that distributions impacted  yesterday's pricing given the fact that the distribution is scheduled for June 25........this occurred yesterday June 22.  I do believe Yogi's explanation.

Too, I do believe that a day's price is important even though long term it has no importance per se.  

I have had this Fund many years as well.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements