cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributor ○○○

"Trending Discussions"

As part of each Investing Forum category, M* lists a small number of thread topics, selected under a section called "Trending Discussions".  I have noticed on the Bond Investing Forum, most of those Thread topics, are threads that have been locked and closed, threads that are from 2019 and had no discussion in 2020, etc. that raises questions about how you select those threads for inclusion under "Trending Discussions".  It seems like a list of thread topics, that for the most part, are pretty dead threads, with no qualities remotely associated with a "trending discussion"

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: "Trending Discussions"

@dtconroe wrote:

As part of each Investing Forum category, M* lists a small number of thread topics, selected under a section called "Trending Discussions".  I have noticed on the Bond Investing Forum, most of those Thread topics, are threads that have been locked and closed, threads that are from 2019 and had no discussion in 2020, etc. that raises questions about how you select those threads for inclusion under "Trending Discussions".  It seems like a list of thread topics, that for the most part, are pretty dead threads, with no qualities remotely associated with a "trending discussion"

M*, I know this is not a real pressing issue for you, but it should not take you but a minute to reply and simply explain how you select topics for "Trending Discussions", when some of those currently listed were locked a few months ago preventing any new discussion, and some have not had any discussion in several months.  Could you just make a quick statement to explain why you include some old threads devoid of any posts in several months, some locked threads where you can't post, and exclude some current threads, when you select certain threads to highlight as a Trending Discussion thread?

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.