cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

"Keep me sign in" functionality is fixed

Hi All,

The issue with "keep me signed in" on www.morningstar.com is fixed now.

Please reach out to me if you still experience this issue.!

Thank you for your patience,

Mihaela

10 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Keep me sign in" functionality is fixed

Thank you, @Mihaela . Your assistance is much appreciated.

Fred

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

3 April 2020

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Yep, day 2, going well.  BTW, my Community log-in wasn't a problem, just the M* premium log-in.  Using Firefox 74.0 on Win 10 PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I continue to experience daily login requests via PC [W10-Chrome] and phone [Android].

What is the login duration supposed to be now? Day? Week? 2 Weeks? Month?

I waited for a few days and making sure that I clicked "Keep me logged in" for both Discussions and mormingstar.com.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I still have to log back in, about every two days.

Old ACER CHROME small laptop.

R48

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Nope.  Not fixed at all.  In fact, I actually had a good run of a week or two where I was remaining signed in.  Now every day, for either making a forum comment or viewing my portfolio, I am having to sign in. 

I'm running W10, Firefox browser, 3 yr old computer, and was already resigned to the fact the problem would never be fixed.  But this post claiming it is fixed was very premature and is deceptive.

On your old platform, before the "improvements," I literally remained signed in for a few years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@bigsteve wrote:

Nope.  Not fixed at all.  In fact, I actually had a good run of a week or two where I was remaining signed in.  Now every day, for either making a forum comment or viewing my portfolio, I am having to sign in. 

I'm running W10, Firefox browser, 3 yr old computer, and was already resigned to the fact the problem would never be fixed.  But this post claiming it is fixed was very premature and is deceptive.

On your old platform, before the "improvements," I literally remained signed in for a few years.

I am also using Windows 10 and Firefox, but have not been required to sign in since my above thank you note to Mihaela on April 3. Very strange, to say the least.

Fred

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

@bigsteve wrote:

It's not fixed for me either. I have to sign in every other day or so. (I'm using W10 & FF, everything on auto-update)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I stay signed in, usually until I have to restart either my computer, for updates, or my many layers of security, anti-virus, ad blocking, password security (2 different programs) and VPN layers.

Fortunately, it is easy to tell whenever I get logged off.  My profile picture (of my grandson) goes away and, whenever I click on the M* login page, all of my security stuff somehow remembers my username and password, so it gets filled in automatically.

This is on a laptop running Win 10, up to date, Firefox, Trend Microsystems and Lastpass.  I don't bother doing M* on my Samsung S10 anymore.  That's a whore of another color, in the new M* format!

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ElLobo wrote:

I stay signed in, usually until I have to restart either my computer, for updates, or my many layers of security, anti-virus, ad blocking, password security (2 different programs) and VPN layers.

Fortunately, it is easy to tell whenever I get logged off.  My profile picture (of my grandson) goes away and, whenever I click on the M* login page, all of my security stuff somehow remembers my username and password, so it gets filled in automatically.

This is on a laptop running Win 10, up to date, Firefox, Trend Microsystems and Lastpass.  I don't bother doing M* on my Samsung S10 anymore.  That's a whore of another color, in the new M* format!

You probably have "remember login/pswd" feature turned on in your browser.

I have that turned off. But when this problem started with M*, I turned on that browser feature temporarily, and after it retained M* login, I turned it off. So, I am not bothered anymore with this repeated login at M* but I responded to the announcement that the problem had been fixed.

YBB
0 Kudos
Announcements