cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant ○

ignore/mute ... when?

@RyanM...

Let's highlight the dire issue still existing here of the missing "ignore/mute" function via a thread focused on it.  It's unnecessary to elaborate on the need for this function, the evidence for this is sadly seen too often in too many threads on too many days.

1) Please report to the community here of the vendor's response to the request for this function.  What is the vendor's plan for this function when?

2) Please continue to press the vendor strongly for this function. If you haven't been pressing, shame on you ... but your presence/work here has been a big plus since the start of the "new" Discussions (and one of the few things about M* not criticized!), so we are thinking that you won't disappoint us in this matter.

BTW ... it would be nice to be able to ignore/mute threads and forums as well as posters.  Also, since it looks like we will have to suffer badges, how about a variety of "negative" badges to be earned for off-topic or too-wordy or offensive or just plain lame or whatever posts?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○

Re: ignore/mute ... when?

Yes, I don't understand why the IGNORE/MUTE function wasn't carried over to the "new" M* Discussion boards.

(And we don't need no badges.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

@RyanM  .... bump

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@fpajerski I have no updates on this. As I stated before, this was submitted as a feature request by another customer of the vendor many years ago and others have upvoted the idea, but it is still "under consideration" and the vendor has shared no timeline for implementing it. Our only option would be to pay extra to implement a custom solution, and that is not going to happen in this climate.

Thanks,

RyanM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

you don't need a button to ignore someone whose posts annoy you. if you don't take the bait...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@keppelbay wrote:

you don't need a button to ignore someone whose posts annoy you.

+1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

@keppelbay wrote:

you don't need a button to ignore someone whose posts annoy you.

+1

+1. I just ignore. Sometimes, I don't need to reply either even if I disagree. Why waste time? I even asked Ryan to shut down threads, and he did.

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.