cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLP333
Follower ○○○

X-Ray Feature

My x-ray feature suddenly stopped working.

Worked Monday - that was it

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MopMan44
Follower ○○

Re: X-Ray Feature

Not working for me either.  Some parts do, some don’t.

Joel

0 Kudos
Coptomist
Explorer ○○

Weird, the X-ray overview doesn’t work for me, but the stock intersection does.

0 Kudos
sehast
Explorer ○

X-ray tool is still broken and this is Thursday.  How long can it take to fix?

0 Kudos
racqueteer
Participant ○○○

The T. Rowe Price version seems to still be working...

0 Kudos
BD
Explorer ○

My X-ray tool is not working either.  I was looking at M*'s website to find a phone number or email address so I could make a complaint.  While looking around, I found, quite by accident, a list of open positions at M*.  One of those open positions is Senior Designer - User Experience.  This position will support the team  "charged with developing solutions for individual investors."  According to the job description, the person selected should be great at having the ability to "identify or discover pain points and opportunities within an [user] experience."  I do not think the person selected will have any difficulty finding the pain points within my particular "user experience."  As to when M* might actually fix the X-ray tool, or any of the other things on the website that no longer work, perhaps we will have to wait 1) for someone to be hired to fill this position 2) for this person to discover these particular "pain points" 3) for this person to alert the team "charged with developing solutions." and 4) for the team to develop a solution.  Thereafter, perhaps the "team" will then recommend the implementation of a solution - which may or may not work.  My conclusion is that it may be a very long time before any or all of the numerous "pain points" on this website ever get fixed, including the X-ray tool.  Meanwhile, it is difficult to understand how M* can continue to market Premium memberships by suggesting that membership gets you 1) access to an X-ray tool that tool only half works, and also 2) access to M* evaluation of Medalist funds, when those evaluations can only be found through a highly cumbersome index which only includes a portion of the actual Medalist funds.                 

cband
Explorer ○

I had to try three different browsers today before getting a portfolio X-ray. (Chrome did the trick.)

There are lots of "pain points" for lots of people. I suggest Morningstar could save a lot of time by just restoring the "Classic Interface". When we log on, give us the option of using the old interface, with all its functionality.

0 Kudos
ECEPROF
Explorer ○○○

I use X-Ray feature directly from Quicken. One of the features in Quicken is M* X-Ray. I do not use it often because it comes with suggestions that I ignore - for example foreign stock funds/etfs - I have zero of these. Also, I do not use OEF bonds but CEF multi-sector - all in one fund. CEF funds are like stocks and that is also a problem for X-Ray.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chang
Contributor ○○○

@sehast wrote:

X-ray tool is still broken and this is Thursday.  How long can it take to fix?

*Can*? Do you really want an answer to that question?

0 Kudos
SilverSquirrel
Explorer ○

@Coptomist wrote:

Weird, the X-ray overview doesn’t work for me, but the stock intersection does.

I've been having a similar problem this weekend.  Try clicking on the control key and the minus sign at the same time to get your browser to reduce zoom and then click on the overview tab again.  If that makes it appear then you should be able to press the control key and the plus sign to zoom back in.

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in