cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Trying Again After No Response from M* 2 weeks ago...

Dear M*, I sent the following message 2 weeks ago with no response from Morningstar, so I thought I'd try one more time... I'd really appreciate a response, even if it's simply telling me to cancel my subscription because I'm not worth your time.  I hope that's not the case tho'.  Thanks in advance (again) for your assistance...

----------------------------------

I've been a Premium subscriber for well over a decade now and encountered an issue that I'd appreciate your feedback or better yet resolution on.  

I recently hit a 200 entry limit on one of my portfolios, which means I cannot add new stocks without deleting something.  Part of the reason I subscribe is to track my older closed holdings, so I have no interest in deleting closed positions or otherwise.  

I called Morningstar Customer Service and was told I need to upgrade to Morningstar Professional (I believe that's what it's called) in order to get more row entries available.  This seems ridiculous.  I feel like I'm being penalized for being a long term subscriber.  Of course I've accumulated a lot of data over the last 12-15 years.  I'm not a day trader entering lots of small trades, I just have a larger portfolio that's transitioned a lot over the past decade and I want to keep track of that.  This is causing me to lose much of the functionality I use Morningstar for.  

High likelihood I won't be resubscribing unless this is resolved before my current subscription ends later this year.  That would be a sad reason to lose a long time loyal customer IMO.

Thank you in advance for your response.

... Scott

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Trying Again After No Response from M* 2 weeks ago...

Hi callawayguy,

I totally understand that,  this a functionality limitation and I will bring it up to the product manager.

I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer from him, most probably next week as he is out of the office until next Tuesday.

We apologize for the inconvenience we may created.

Regards,

Mihaela D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Trying Again After No Response from M* 2 weeks ago...

Hi callawayguy,

I’ve passed on your request for more than 200 holdings in the Portfolio Manager tool to our product team to consider as a future enhancement request. I know there have been cases where larger portfolios, specifically those with 150+ holdings and a long history of transactions, are so large that they start to become slow or in some cases unresponsive in the Portfolio Manager tool. That is one practical reason why we impose this limit: beyond that the tool starts to fail.

Separately, if you’re so inclined you are welcome to try an updated import tool we’re working on at https://www.morningstar.com/linked-accounts  This feature is similar to the Morningstar.com Portfolio Manager tool, though separate during this initial period. You can use both this new feature and the Morningstar.com Portfolio Manager tool in parallel with no impact to your Morningstar.com portfolios. 

Regards,

Mihaela

0 Kudos
Announcements